Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
I am the proud owner of a new to me 2003 FX45. I recently purchased some 25mm spacers for my stock 20" wheels and my wheels are pushed out to the edge of the fenders like I wanted but I`ve been thinking I should buy a set of 20" wheels that will do the same thing minus the spacers. I came across these wheels with an offset of 15 but I`m wondering will they push the wheel out too far? Here is the link:

20x8.5 Concept One CSM01 5x114.3 15 Silver Machined Wheels Rims Set(4) | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I did a little checking and I think your stock offset may be 50mm. Most sources say 50 but I thought the first gen was 40. You may want to pull a wheel off and check. If it is 50 the wheels that you are looking at will come out an extra 41mm. A little too much imo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off ... thank you for responding. Yes the stock wheels are 20" with an offset of 40. I have installed 25mm spacers on the hubs which bring my wheels flush with the fenders for the look I wanted to achieve. From what I`m thinking if I went with a 20 x 8.5 wheel with an offset of 20 , shouldn`t that bring my wheel right back to the fender for the same flush look? Or am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
If you have confirmed the original offset of 40 then the 8.5 with offset at 20 should bring you very close to your original position with the spacer. Check it out at the offset calculator though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That`s what I was thinking. I used the offset calculator for my stock wheel and subtracted the 25mm for the spacer which has me flush with the fenders. So when I imput an 8.5" wide wheel at +20 that should have me flush at the fender as well. Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts