Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, they are a bit concerning.....

the pattern i notice is the creases that happen (arced on the bolster)....

im afraid we all are victims of a design flaw here........

i will prolly get a custom upholstery shop to redo mine (have no faith that even if its replaced, it will just occur again...)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Mine:

WACKED!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just dropped my FX off to get the seat cushion replaced. Originally, they were supposed to have both in but when I got there, the SM told me there's only the driver's side since mine is a '04. They had 3 '03 passenger cushions in and the '04s are on back order. We'll see how the drivers side replacement is. :roll:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ujmot said:
Just dropped my FX off to get the seat cushion replaced. Originally, they were supposed to have both in but when I got there, the SM told me there's only the driver's side since mine is a '04. They had 3 '03 passenger cushions in and the '04s are on back order. We'll see how the drivers side replacement is. :roll:
mine goes in tomorrow morning.........

some advice on asking them something??? im not sure what to specify here, as we are some of the first to have this issue addressed..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'd ask the service manager why this happens and what Infiniti is doing to alleviate this wide spread problem. Also what they're willing to do if this porblem persists with the replacements.

I was going to ask him but the poor guy was running around like a chicken without a head. I'll speak to him when he calls me to pick up my car.

On a side note: I got a G35 loaner. I realized how much better the build quality is on my 7yr old BMW 328 is than that of the G. It's a fast little car but I wouldnt consider buying the G sedan over a 3series.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ujmot said:
I'd ask the service manager why this happens and what Infiniti is doing to alleviate this wide spread problem. Also what they're willing to do if this porblem persists with the replacements.

I was going to ask him but the poor guy was running around like a chicken without a head. I'll speak to him when he calls me to pick up my car.

On a side note: I got a G35 loaner. I realized how much better the build quality is on my 7yr old BMW 328 is than that of the G. It's a fast little car but I wouldnt consider buying the G sedan over a 3series.
t-

ddid they just stretch the current leather, or add padding, or what???

i gotta have mine there, in an hour!!

help!!

SMS

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
esemes said:
dm-

do you have any complaints about your seat surfaces???

passenger side??
No, actually I don't think we've got a problem with ours. As you can see in my original picture. There are some lines, but that's going to happen. As long as they don't get much worse than that I think we're alright. The pass. seat looks the same or better (less traffic so to speak).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Well, here it is, the 'Replacement' :shock: :

I've ranted in FA about this and I'm sure no one here wants to hear me bitch more about it. All I'm going to say is I am extremely dissatisfied with the level of service from the dealership & the level of quality from Infiniti. :evil:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
t-

ddid they just stretch the current leather, or add padding, or what???

i gotta have mine there, in an hour!!

help!!

SMS
Good luck Scott. Look at the replacement cushions before they install it! I had to goto work so I gave them the benefit of the doubt of having the sense to replace mine with a good cushion. Guess I was wrong. *Ok, I said I wouldnt bitch but I cant help it! So here goes*

Turns out, they replaced it with what looks like a cushion that was shipped in a tennis ball can. Wrinkles and creases EVERYWHERE, no bubbling, but on certain parts of the cushion (bolsters, front) the foam feels like it was extremelty packed out or just gone missing....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i ddont know if they're gonna do replacement skins or not.....

i imagine they'd have to order em (and then bring in a upholestry shop to do the fitment....maybe thas where yours suffered... the shop subd'. out to do the work was lousy??)...regardless, i am sorry to hear of this situation... but FEEL FREE to rant here about it...

anything to raise awareness of concerns is a good thing, imo

sms

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Going back on Sat. This will get resolved and I will be satisfied! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts