Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets get the 'think - tank' filled up here already....

i'll begin

for 2005, id like to see the FX have.................

• -340 horsepower, stock, at the very least with fact. backed s/c packages

-fully auto operated rear hatch

-auto closers/sealers for all four other doors (as the 03/04 has on the hatch now)

-better adjustability on the 'auto' headlights being engaged (amount of light, not the sensitivity)

-six speed manual and/or auto tranny, OR BETTER (read effective) manu-matic
i'll stop here for now, and leave this up for others to add to......

stir the pot!

·
Registered
882 Posts
how about seats that dont wrinkle or bubble and seats that don't rock.

Also would like to see the whole car painted the same color without the black plastic trim.

Also would like a metal gas lid instead of cheap plastic.

Headlights without the orange diffuser.

No red diffuser on the rear bumber.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Cross Drilled Rotors about 14 inchers would be fine. Red Calipers

Turn Signal in Outside Mirrors/Electric Foldable mirrors

Heads up Display

Michelin Pilot Sport Tires. 295 width

"sport edition" all one color, no chrome handles/rails.grill

340HP, blown to 450

·
Registered
176 Posts
esemes said:
-six speed manual and/or auto tranny, OR BETTER (read effective) manu-matic
Good suggestion in 1 year of reading forums I have yet to see someone remember that this is supposed to be a sports car (somewhat). The current manu-matic seems to be setup for right-hand drive Japanese cars. Why else would the stick slide away from the driver instead of towards?

I recently drove a G35 in manumatic mode. Be thankful we don't have that. Your input is merely a suggestion which limits the highest gear the car will use. The car downshifts and lingers all the time.

So, how about shift buttons on the back of the steering wheel like the Altezza? I've given up on the 6-speed.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
mushutofu said:
how about seats that dont wrinkle or bubble and seats that don't rock.
It's a good start :oops:

- Voice & Touchscreen Nav/HVAC/Radio controls
- Bluetooth enabled handsfree
- Height/compression/rebound adjustable suspension :p

Finally, Twin Turbo or SC option w/ SMG :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
  • Remove the nag screen.[/*:m:1xehpkcf]
  • Replace the 1000 moving part thingy with something simpler.[/*:m:1xehpkcf]
  • Lighted steering wheel controls (LED ambient lighting too).[/*:m:1xehpkcf]
  • Tilt down rear view mirror for reverse.[/*:m:1xehpkcf]
  • Auto door locks.[/*:m:1xehpkcf]
  • No ash trays.[/*:m:1xehpkcf]

·
Registered
848 Posts
In addition to many of the above, I'd like these to be options, since some of you wouldn't want them....

* Ventilated seats
* DTR lights
* No stereo...or maybe just a prewire, for those Ludites who hate Bose :D
* Separate climate control zone for rear passengers
* Remote engine starter
* Rain sensing wipers...I've never had these...do they work well on other vehicles?

And, not optional...

* Glove box that can actually hold something substantial
* Better street level coverage for the Nav system
* Show the tire each pressure indicator corresponds to on the screen...I know these can move, but there's gotta be a way.
* MP3 friendly CD player
* Cupholders that adjust to hold various sized cups/cans
* Improved range for the Intelligent Key in the mirror sensors...many have complained that they have to carry the key in a certain pocket, or turn just right to open their doors.
* Cargo cover...should be std. equipment

·
Registered
98 Posts
Improvement for Gas MPG !!!

Better Leather Seats (Must)!!

Bigger Wheels(21inch or 22inch)!!!

More Exterior Colors to choose from!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
particlefx said:
  • Remove the nag screen.[/*:m:39wlrz46]
  • Replace the 1000 moving part thingy with something simpler.[/*:m:39wlrz46]
  • Lighted steering wheel controls (LED ambient lighting too).[/*:m:39wlrz46]
  • Tilt down rear view mirror for reverse.[/*:m:39wlrz46]
  • Auto door locks.[/*:m:39wlrz46]
I drove a Le Sabre Custom by Buick (ooh, aaah) to pick up my FX35 in another state. Let me tell you that steering wheel lights are annoying as **** when you turn the wheel. In addition, this car has lights starting from the radio, going across the dashboard, and halfway back on the driver's door. It's like driving aroundin a frickin PLANETARIUM.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good thread and great suggestions so far:

Here are mine (mostly electronic) since I have no engine/handling gripes other than get me better mpg and 20 more HP:

1) Touch screen for Radio and NAV is an absolute must. Give me 20 radio buttons on screen rather than that hokey A-B-C radio switch
2) Bluetooth phone capability with commands/ caller ID on NAV screen. While your at it, make the keyfob bluetooth and have the screen say "Welcome Howie" when I get in the car.
3) MP3 capable 6 CD changer
4) AUX input jack in an inconspicuos place with AUX button on Radio - keep this separate from DVD button.
5) Move seat controls off of seat. It was a cool idea, but it makes the seats uncomfortable for making out under a star lit sky. Actually, I'm 52 and don't make out any more and my fat thigh aches on long drives.
6) Add a third setting to the seat memory switch and put the switch where it can be seen by the driver (so my wife doesn't always delete my settings). Require a 7 second push of the SET switch before someone can screw up your settings.
7) display 50 characters for MP3/RDS/XM info
8. XM and Sirius antenna integrated into rear spoiler - so no ugly bumps on car.
9) Auto door locking at X MPH - user adjustable

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nissan doesn't have a 6-speed A/T. They could source the excellent 6-speed ZF which is really good on beemers and can handle lots of torque. Maybe expensive but I'm not sure if developing a 6 speeder in house is going to be any cheaper.

Also agree on the manual tranny option. At least give people a choice. They have the 6-speed from the Z33 and V35/G35 so at least use it. Would be a must for the sports version of the FX which I agree needs to be done. With this bunch plus a lot of other things mentioned above Infiniti can try to penetrate the Euro market too...and they shood ASAP!

But a lot of the things listed would require a higher retail price to be profitable.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
dinofx35 said:
I drove a Le Sabre Custom by Buick (ooh, aaah) to pick up my FX35 in another state. Let me tell you that steering wheel lights are annoying as **** when you turn the wheel. In addition, this car has lights starting from the radio, going across the dashboard, and halfway back on the driver's door. It's like driving aroundin a frickin PLANETARIUM.
I would like these changes because the lighting is beautiful and helpful on my current BMW as well as many other luxury cars I have driven. To imply you don't want it on an FX because it looks bad on a Buick is kinda pointless in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
It would be cool if it switched from 8 or 6 cylinder to 6 or 4 when u are on the freeway since it only wasts gas. they should be able to do that now.

·
Registered
882 Posts
better than that would be a hybrid motor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
-Like Fromheretoinfiniti said, rain sensing wipers. I had them on my CLK430 and they were one of the best features. They worked great, and for those that forget to turn the wipers off after the rain stops or slows down, they save the blades.
-More lighted buttons/ambient lighting would be great.
-Full body color instead of black plastic on bottom.
-DVD play on front screen when in Park.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Then our FX would be a portly 5000+lbs to have all that extra hardware.. no thanks - I'd never take it off road anyway.

·
Registered
325 Posts
DCD said:
...which is really good on beemers and can handle lots of torqu...
Beemers refers to BMW motorcycles, where Bimmers refers to BMW cars. :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts