Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I got the 1.6 also. The guy who modded mine used an Alladin chip... not sure what's best though.

You need decent soldering skills to do this - I'm not so good with soldering.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I use the Xenium solderless chip. It was easy to install. Mine is not a V 1.6 (although i dont know for sure what version it is). I also replaced the stock hard drive with a 160GB WD. I have never tried MP3s or Divx in it so i dont know.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
same 160gb WD. Can play mp3s, DVDs, etc through XMBC. I also ripped a CD and backed up a DVD movie... pretty **** cool.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
so can someone put it in there FX then haha.xbox 2 is comin soon so you won't need it by then in the house anyway haha. is the lan thing easy to copy songs over?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's my next mod.... just need to find the time to do it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed an Executer chip 2.6 with the solderless adapter. It takes about 5 minutes once you can see the motherboard, and you need only a single screw to install. It could not be any easier.

There was a daughterboard for enabling/disabling, but I just wrapped it up and left it inside the case since I don't intend to change the switches often.

You'll need the 3.0 veresion. Go to http://www.system-mods.com

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone understand how to add the "homelink" option into the xbox(how to switch between nav and xbox and how to turn off/on xbox)? if so could you explain in details please?

I'm a true novice in those things... :D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
shong43826 said:
does anyone understand how to add the "homelink" option into the xbox(how to switch between nav and xbox and how to turn off/on xbox)? if so could you explain in details please?

I'm a true novice in those things... :D
Isn't the homelink option just buying a homelink reciever unit and plugging the xbox's power cord into it? Then you can use one of the buttons on your FX's mirror to switch the xbox on/off.

Something like these: homelink receivers at Radio Shack

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is from othe G site...

"I will let Generator speak for prices but I can answer some of your questions
1) for control by the homelink buttons Theese must be purchased Reciever module and this DEI 611T latching relay . The reciever module must be set to momentary then wired internally to the xbox switch to turn it off and on. Then the other momentary output needs to go to the latching relay to convert it to latching which will operate the navbox switching the screen from nav to xbox. "

To me that is a nonsense....

can someone explain this more?

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are some of the popular mounting positions and places in the FX? Anyone have pics? Looking for the easiest way to hide and run the wires up to the console. :?:

Thanks,
JR

·
Registered
3 Posts
shong43826,

Check out the IRC channel #xbins to get the latest bios releases.

For info on how to use xbins, here's a link (its the best mod site for xbox out there...)

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

I use a Xenium Ice solderless in a version 1.0 box w/ a 120 gb HD.
i haven't put an xbox into my FX yet, but I've been using a modded box for about 2 years....I use it mostly as a multimedia appliance to stream mp3's, movies, etc....it's the best media center out there....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts