Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever watch the, now cancelled, series that fox aired last year created by Joss Whedon called Firefly?

I watched it back when it was on and cancelled, and recently bought / watched the entire DVD series set (which included 3 unaired episodes).

If you've never heard of it, check out:

Firefly Fan site or read some of the comments that people left on amazon.

Right now the DVD set is #20 on Amazons top selling list

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea, I watched it originally and was some sort of P!SSED when it was dropped. I got the DVD set for Cristmas and was elated to find out that I had missed 2 of the original shows so I ended up with 5 of the shows that I had not seen. :D

I hear that there may be a movie in the works. If FOX had put it in a better time slot or just gave it a full season to build fans I think that it could of been a MAJOR HIT.

Bill...

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I agree completely. I had missed a couple from the "aired" ones also. I'm sad all over again though about the series since I've watched everything :cry:

What amazes me is the number of people that are strong fans. I find it interesting, that out of 500 reviews it is a solid 5 stars on amazon. From #1 - #20 on amazon's top sellers, only one other DVD set has 5 stars and it's Stargate's season 6 DVD set (which hasn't even been released yet).

Just reading through the comments is great. And the special features on the last disk with the cast interviews was awesome. Everyone there seemed so happy to be there. I don't think that happens too often.

·
Registered
75 Posts
dmtalon said:
Yep, I agree completely. I had missed a couple from the "aired" ones also. I'm sad all over again though about the series since I've watched everything :cry:
I plan to let the DVD's set for a few weeks and then watch them all over again.

I hope the Movie pans out and is enough of a success that the series has a chance to get picked up again.

With all that said, I am now :cry: sad :cry: all over again and will have to run out at lunch and drive around fast :D in my FX with LOUD Rock & Roll blaring in my ears to squelch the pain.

Later.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Firefly The Movie

IT'S OFFICIAL!! The movie has been greenlighted! Our big **** heros will be returning. Chris Buchanan of President of Mutant Enemy posted a copy of the article from Variety on the OB.
:D :D :D
for more info check out http://www.fireflymovie.com

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I watched it, but wasn't all that impressed; just couldn't get into it. I still can't get over the fact that they canned Farscape. :evil:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I only saw the TV show 'cause my TiVo records anything with Gina Torres in it (I will kill anybody who gets in my way with a rusty paperclip, including her husband Lawrence "Morpheus" Fishburne for just one hour with her!). I thought it was a'ight, but not in my regular TV genre. If she's gonna be in the movie, and some comments on the IMDB.com imply she is, maybe I'll see that, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts