Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Was trying to upload two .jpgs 156K and 157K respectively. Anyone know how to compress the images so they will stay below this site's upload threshold?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
LIRob said:
Hi,

Was trying to upload two .jpgs 156K and 157K respectively. Anyone know how to compress the images so they will stay below this site's upload threshold?
I tried to 2 way but basically the same concept.
* I do this at work, At MS Photo editor / click on a little square icon"SELECT" / select a partial of pix you want to send / Right click / CROP/ save it.
* I do this at home, At MS Photo Editor / click an CROP icon / select a partial of pix you want to send/ OK/ save it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For example you can load JPG in CorelXara or Adobe Photoshop and change level of quality while save(export) the image. You can't compress JPG. You may only change level of quality that reduce file size.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys got it covered now. Was trying to post the shot of that "threeway". Had three DG / Graphite FXs under the same roof at the detailing shop at one time. An 03 FX45, an 04 FX35 (Matt Zakarian the detailing shop's ride ), and my '05FX 35.

Nothing like owning the exact same ride as your detailing shop's owner now is there???? :!:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
isnt a jpg already compressed?

·
Registered
789 Posts
The photo editing software that came with the camera should have an edit option that lets you designate what percentage of the original size you want to shrink it.
Or go here and post it to the site, take the first link it gives you, and cut/paste it in your thread. Your pics can be just over 1meg in size and they host it :)

[url="http://www.imageshack.us"]http://www.imageshack.us[/url]

It's free and does not require any account sign up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
JPEGs can be saved with different compression qualities; You can reduce the size of the saved file image file in most any photo editor by selecting a lower quality setting. This is not the same as cropping, as you end up with the same size image -- it just doesn't look quite as good.

For example, I took a digital poto on my 6 megapixel camera recently. An uncompressed TIFF format of the image, 2000 x 3000 pixels, is 17.3 MB; in JPG at the highest quality, it shrank down to 2.5 MB. At medium quality, it was 504KB, and at the lowest quality, it was 192KB. All images were the same physical dimensions: 2000x3000 pixels.

Probably more than you wanted to know...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Besides cropping, however, many times pictures from digicams are huge in size (width x height) .. the first, and easiest thing to try is resizing them to something more acceptable on the web, like 600 x 600 or so, which will fill up ~half the screen.

Many times, after I've done that, the images are below 100k and no further work is necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts