Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I am in the market for a hitch and am having trouble deciding which way to go. I will be doing the install myself so i am leaning toward the Curt Hitch after reading it installs in half the time the OEM. Does anyone have any experience with both? Is one superior to the other? Does the aftermarket look OEM once installed. I really do not like the look of hitches when mounted, so out of sight is the only option for me. If anyone has had any experiences in installing one or the other, i would like to hear what your thought are on this. Thanks in advance
Jon

·
Registered
239 Posts
I didn't install it myself, but I was present at the shop when I had my OEM hitch installed. It was not an easy job and required two guys to lower the exhaust and mount the hitch. In addition to that, they had to cut into the bumper to accommodate the hidden receiver.

If you search on freshalloy, I think there is a member on there with the Curt Hitch. In my opinion the OEM looks much better because it doesn't stick out too far underneath the bumper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts