Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it hard to install oem hitch in the garage ? do i have to drill thru something or just put is in the right place screw in to the frame

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I'm considering fitting a hitch on my FX35 also. did you pull the trigger on it? I'm a little concerned about drilling, did you have to do any?

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
There is NO drilling withthe OEM hitch. You do have to cut the bumper though.

Yes, it can be done in a garage. Plan for 3-5 hours!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed the Hidden Hitch on an 07 FX35 with the OEM wiring harness and it took about 6-7 hours but I was taking my time and the GF was really good about me basically removing all of the rear interior to install the factory wiring harness. I would say I could do one in 4-5 hours now that I know what I am up against. I should have thought to take pictures but there are some on the site and they look the same. Much cleaner installation than the Kurt/U-Haul hitches and the trailer lights work flawlessly. Overall for $315 I would say it was definitely worth it. The extra $$$ for the OEM hitch was not worth it in my opinion as I can barely tell the difference. The dealer over in Shreveport was out of his mind for wanting $1200 for the factory gear installed.

Darren

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, Darren
I just bought a 19' boat with trailer (total about 3200 lbs) and now looking for a suitable hitch for my 2010 FX35 AWD. My local dealership quoted me $1400 to install the hitch (class 3) and the wiring. I was told that I cannot tap the wiring from the tail light but have to wire them all the way to the dash board. Is that true ? By the way, my boat trailer is using surge brake and I need a 5 pole connector. Can you enlighten me with how the harness wirings are done ? What is the Hidden Hitch part number for my FX ? Would appreciate your help and thanks in advance,
Do any pals here have answer and advice for me, please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone please let me know where can I get the "Plug and Play" harness for 2010 FX35. Does part # 999T8-EP000 belongs to "Plug & Play" harness ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts