Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the OEM hitch with harness and I do not see where the grommet is on the passenger side. I see the grommet right underneath the spare tire but I know that cant be the one I use. These instructions have terrible pictures. Whats the easiest way to find it? I know I can't use the same grommet that the canister uses

Another thing, what are those "spacers" for? They are extremely thin metal that slips between the frame and the hitch. I skimmed through the directions and didn't see a part where you actually use them. I got to run to the store in the morning bc I cant find my 19mm socket, I guess I will start disassembly on the inside first tomorrow to try and find that booger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got everything installed finally, what a headache. Installing it with your wife has its downsides, lol. The grommet I was looking for was in the rear on the passenger side. I still believe the spacers are useless.

The one thing that doesn't make the install look very "OEM" is that you cannot reinstall the under plastic guard on the drivers side. I don't know the correct term for that part, but you can put the passenger one back on. There is no way the drivers can go back on. Looks kinda tacky. I might start hacking away at it to make it fit. Did anyone else find a fix to this?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Not sure what you mean. My oem hitch looks just fine and all other pieces look good too. Show us a pic maybe?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. The drivers rear splash guard does not fit back on without some major hacking. Really thought infiniti would include a new one with the hitch if it doeant fit. Ill post pics when i get home later.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
If you can see any changes after installing the OEM hitch without getting UNDER the vehicle, then it was not installed properly.

I do recall a plastic piece being left off the install, but nothing I would be concerned about or even waste a second thinking about since you cannot see its lack of presence unless you get under the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ I agree, you have to get under the vehicle to see it, but for $500 for the hitch and harness, I would think they would have made a new plastic piece. Oh well, I guess Ill stop crying now

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Maybe take a picture so the rest of us can see if ours is like that??? :idea:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts