Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking to correct their millage on the cluster please contact me. From every job a donation will go to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
are you talking about recalibrating the speedo or kicking it? 8)

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I have a new cluster that's at 1,700 miles, might want to bring it to my 60,000+ actual... I have local guys for this but, out of curiosity, how much? where are you located?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im in Toronto. What are they charging you?
turbocad6 said:
I have a new cluster that's at 1,700 miles, might want to bring it to my 60,000+ actual... I have local guys for this but, out of curiosity, how much? where are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
~150 if I just give them the cluster...

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
autoworx said:
I can chage the value to anything!
Isnt that like a felony or something?

Where were you before my lease was up? :D

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good Price! I will do it for $100 US for forum members. You would have to pay for shipping. Turn around can be 2-3 days depending on the shipping service you choose.
turbocad6 said:
~150 if I just give them the cluster...

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:D No its not a falony as long as the owner of the vehicle notifies the next owner :D . Otherwise what if your was damged stoped working or upgrading to a newer one?
johnmax said:
autoworx said:
I can chage the value to anything!
Isnt that like a felony or something?

Where were you before my lease was up? :D

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I'll def keep this in mind, $150 is a great price but $100 is even better :p just gotta factor shipping back/forth to canada...

it is a felony to intentionally lower the miles for deceptive purposes, but to correct a cluster swap maybe not so much... many "legit" guys want certification & stuff to cover there asses though... there are other guys with supposedly legit companies that do this through mail order... grey area? maybe... 8)

my 03 fx now has under 2k miles as it sits now :lol:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/w-6/section-27.html .

turbocad6 said:
I'll def keep this in mind, $150 is a great price but $100 is even better :p just gotta factor shipping back/forth to canada...

it is a felony to intentionally lower the miles for deceptive purposes, but to correct a cluster swap maybe not so much... many "legit" guys want certification & stuff to cover there asses though... there are other guys with supposedly legit companies that do this through mail order... grey area? maybe... 8)

my 03 fx now has under 2k miles as it sits now :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Just wondering, from a technical standpoint......is there a secondary place in our vehicles like a "black box" which stores the actual mileage, other than the gauge cluster? If the gauge cluster were changed, could the dealer plug in a Consult and look at the actual mileage on the ECU??

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
nope, only the cluster & service records... :)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Interesting. The reason I asked was I thought I heard somewhere that some cars kept the mileage recorded somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
some chryslers, I think some of the germans maybe, not widespread..

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The new 09 FX has a memory stored in the ECU you need a Nissan dealer scanner to erase. It records all activity and time, date, milage it happend at. Will not reset by disconecting the battery.
turbocad6 said:
some chryslers, I think some of the germans maybe, not widespread..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts