1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HK 2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thailand: The people are amazingly friendly and courteous.
(no pics of Bankok... only video because my underwater camera case leaked water into the camera in Phuket)

Phuket: Nice little island, decent beaches, great resorts. To get to the breath taking scenery, islands and beaches, you need to travel by boat from Phuket. My favorite was the Phi Phi islands ofcourse. Large rock formations jut out and dot the ocean. Quite beautiful. Also there are numerous sand dunes in the middle of the ocean, basically a small beach in the middle of the ocean... pretty **** cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Phuket:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
PaRtY On :!:
:eek:ccasion7:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More Phuket:

Phi Phi islands

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more in Phi Phi

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lastly, Maya Bay, where the movie 'The Beach' was filmed. A beautiful cove where the sand is as white as snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes the roads in HK are generally great because we have constructions going on every single day :D . I know that because I am from HK. But the road system is really bad. Too many small roads merge into the main streets. The road signs are placed only at the junctions that force you to make last second decision. Anyway, I am sure you got to see a lot of Mercedes on the road. It just like seeing American cars here. :razz:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
e39ng said:
Yes the roads in HK are generally great because we have constructions going on every single day :D . I know that because I am from HK. But the road system is really bad. Too many small roads merge into the main streets. The road signs are placed only at the junctions that force you to make last second decision. Anyway, I am sure you got to see a lot of Mercedes on the road. It just like seeing American cars here. :razz:
Nice! I think HK is a beautiful city - although I dont think I could live there. I heard the summers are BRUTAL (humidity, which I cant deal with).

HK supposedly have the most Mercedes Benz per capita in the world. I'll just say this - even though I live & work in NYC, I've never seen so much money being flaunted more than HK. I mean everywhere you turn, there is a ultra high end car or exotic - and these are taxed atleast 50% over msrp by the government! I even saw a Maybach on the road, which could have cost the owner a cool $700,000+. :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I learned something today:

"One quickness and one slowness, one stop and one suck."

Seems good to know. :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
johnmax said:
I learned something today:

"One quickness and one slowness, one stop and one suck."

Seems good to know. :p
We couldnt stop laughing when we read it. We actually brought one back with us. :roll:

By the the way the picture caption cut me off... it should read: 'they were still alive. How's that for fresh? I'm happy to report that we did not try the fish'

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ujmot said:
(no pics of Bankok... only video because my underwater camera case leaked water into the camera in Phuket)
So, you looked at all the natural beauty, said "Ah, Phuket!" and kept on going? :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kcrudup said:
ujmot said:
So, you looked at all the natural beauty, said "Ah, Phuket!" and kept on going? :)
lol!

·
Registered
325 Posts
ujmot said:
e39ng said:
Nice! I think HK is a beautiful city - although I dont think I could live there. I heard the summers are BRUTAL (humidity, which I cant deal with).

HK supposedly have the most Mercedes Benz per capita in the world. I'll just say this - even though I live & work in NYC, I've never seen so much money being flaunted more than HK. I mean everywhere you turn, there is a ultra high end car or exotic - and these are taxed atleast 50% over msrp by the government! I even saw a Maybach on the road, which could have cost the owner a cool $700,000+. :oops:
A billionaire in HK actually bought 2 Maybachs, one 57 and one 62. He said that he will drive the 57 and leave the 62 for his driver. Luckily he lives in a single house so no problem for him to park his two Maybachs :wink:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for the pix! I highly recommend Thailand to those of you who have never been there. The people are friendly, everything is inexpensive, and there's lot's to do...even if you're not in search of the red light district. I learned to scuba dive on a vacation to Pattyia (sp?) Beach...not a pretty as Phucket but a load of fun. For those of you who ARE interested in the, um, adult entertainment...we'll if you ever heard stories of women doing unusual things with their bodies, and didn't believe it, well you can probably SEE it in Bangkok. :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
325 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Thanks for the pix! I highly recommend Thailand to those of you who have never been there. The people are friendly, everything is inexpensive, and there's lot's to do...even if you're not in search of the red light district. I learned to scuba dive on a vacation to Pattyia (sp?) Beach...not a pretty as Phucket but a load of fun. For those of you who ARE interested in the, um, adult entertainment...we'll if you ever heard stories of women doing unusual things with their bodies, and didn't believe it, well you can probably SEE it in Bangkok. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Make sure the women are "real" women :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts