Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've yet to see a car wash I'd feel comfortable using (prefer touchless) and it's too cold to do it myself. :?:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I use a touchless out in Oakdale called Z-Best all last winter, and they did a good job. It hasn't been too cold yet for me to have to bring it there though. It's a ways out from NYC though (about 50 miles). You probably want something closer to Manhattan.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Royal Car Wash in Plainview is not bad - been using them for a many years. They recently rebuilt the whole operation with new equipment. Not touchless though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Royal is good, not any different from Syosset car wash. The only car wash i feel comfortable using is the do it yourself one in Bethpage, but DONT use the brush! Just spray the car on soap sprat then rinse it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Where is the DIY place in Bethpage?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks blue, I'll have to check it out...

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Not sure if there are any Nassau / North Shore folks out there but .....

Has anyone used the one in Greatneck / Manhasset across the street from Morton's ?

Not sure of the name but it's always got high $$$$$ iron coming out of there.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I do use a 'conventional' car wash, I go to that one since it's only a few mins from my house. They aren't the cheapest but the service is good (they assign one person per car for drying, etc).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I go to a local carwash near my house, Its right off Southern State Pkwy 25s Bellmore. Went there twice without any problem. I have 20s sport package. There is a hand wash car wash place off Exit 25 LIE Fresh Meadow too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jet Wash, Hand Car wash on Peninsula BLVD in Hempstead. Exit 19N off the Southern State. Open 24 hours too!! after 7pm it's exterior only

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am new to the group--but i use AQUA CAR WASH IN HUNTINGTON--ON NEW YORK AVE. just south of the village. they have guys with sheeplike mitts in with the suds that wash the car--they dry and windows and seal the tires--used them for years--very satisfied

·
Registered
662 Posts
Anything in uptown(E or W doesn't matter)? The one I go to charges me only $12(exterior and interior, not bad) but they do little sloppy job. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts