Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you owners who have had your FX for a couple of years now, are you still in love with its looks or has the appeal faded? I am still considering buying an FX35, but I have to admit the design is not as alluring as it was four months ago. I guess I'm wondering if this is a common feeling among FX owners. This is not meant to bash anyone's choice of vehicles, but I am curious to see if others have had second thoughts after an extended period of ownership.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have been in love with the FX for 21 months.

I have owned her for 15 of those.

I still get amazed when I see it parked by a mini-van or SUV and how big our FX is. Cuz it does not seem like that, driving it down the road. So, maybe that is why I love the styling.

I would only give it up, if A: accident or B: my business had to close and could not afford it (I cant save money for anything)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i owned a 35 for almost a year and a half and just got a 45 :)

the cool thing about this design is that its not overdone yet its cutting edge. i think it will one that you can consider a looker for many years to come even as new designs hit the street.

for me its like the old Z cars that i still think look sleek and sporty and classy at the same time years later.

the best part is that its really fun to drive this car almost 2 years later.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Believe it or not I'm still looking around for something new/diff/better and the FX Still number one. Sometimes I'm bored with the look/style wishing Infiniti would add a little spice to it like... new lower body kit. :p
>> GREAT CAR <<<

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I still get the equivalent of an automotive stiffy when I see my Liquid Copper baby parked out somewhere and I'm on my way back behind the wheel.

EVERYTHING new fades in appeal over time (this from the guy who changes girlfriends like some change underwear, so I've got a bit of experience in these matters ;)), but I'm still comitted to my '45!

Remember- for me, it was the performance and utility first, and the looks second.

(Now, if I had the space for it, I'd suuuure love to have a new M45!)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hey, 18 months here and still loving my little FX. The more I do to it the more I am happy with it. Just got to stop modding it all the time and spend more time driving.

18 months 12500km or 7800 miles.

Jim

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
wow jim! only 7800 miles in 1.5 years!

you DO need to do more driving :p

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Well its only the last 6 months that after joining the Taiwan FX club, that they have been getting me to go all over the place. Without them, I would not have seen many of the sites. I think 6 months a go my milage was at 4500.

Jim

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I have owned 22 cars in the last 28 years. Normally I get bored at about 18 - 24 months. I've had my FX for 24.5 months and I still get a big grin when I look at it, and an even bigger grin when I drive it.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
islandave said:
I have owned 22 cars in the last 28 years. Normally I get bored at about 18 - 24 months. I've had my FX for 24.5 months and I still get a big grin when I look at it, and an even bigger grin when I drive it.
Same here, I've owned many many cars and now I feel like I've really found my best buddy. This car is great in & out. Only concern is the outdated Navigation. This car will never look outdated in styling. Oh well, I can't say never, but at least 10 years from now it will still look good. Just like old Z or Eclipse.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Aproaching 12 months with mine. Put 24,000 kms and l look for reasons to drive it cause it is so pleasurable. I think this vehicle will definitely not look dated too soon but is actually ahead of its time. I am sure we will see other manufacturers copy it or produce something very similar especially its shape in the future.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had an FX for about 18 months and still love it. Love to drive it, Zaino it and like the looks. Love the growl, roominess (I'm 6'4") and it's dependibility. I had zero problems (few rattles that I fixed).

Would like to see a quality upgrade on the interior.

·
Registered
220 Posts
To steal someone's words ..

I've owned my FX for 10 months, but been in love with it for about 18 months.

I could not be happier with the design and style of the car. I can't imagine driving anything else for years.

The idea that the car's design might be 'stale' is just plain daffy.

I'd say the average amount of people I catch gawking at my car PER DAY is at least 3. That's just the folks I happen to catch.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Still lovin' it!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ive had mine about 5 months (not a long time I know) and I love it...the power, the look, and now that Im starting to mod it the fun of modding, the sound, I could go on and on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had it for 1 month and 11 days. Can't get any work done because I keep staring at it through my office window. Oooh.....almost time for lunch. I think I'll see where the farthest McDonalds is located!

·
Registered
286 Posts
14 months and 20000 miles and still stare at it from my office
shoot -----i need therapy :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.