Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, now that the GB for the springs is over, i figured i'd create a thread so anyone in the NOVA area that bought springs could drop a line here if they get any info on a good place to install.

after talking with CAR54, here is some initial information that he has sent to me:

----------------------------------------------
There's this shop in Gaithersburg airpark area . He works on a lot of German cars (BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche) and Japanese imports as well. He currently charges $316 for suspension install + $79 for 4-wheel alignment.
http://www.pro-imports.com

Curry's Auto in Sterling has a great reputation, but may be pricey. might be very hard to get a deal there.

Another place is Dr. John's in Sterling (now goes by a different name). They charge a little less than Curry's but still pricey.
-----------------------------------------------------

CAR54 has had first-hand experience with Pro Imports.

i personally have never done any kind of modding at this level so, im short on ideas right now, but im going to start poking around and see if i can find anything. if anyone else has some ideas, post em up here!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I used Curry's for my 2002 Audi allroad...
GIAC ECU & TCU, BPV's, O2 sendors, oil changes, and
they have a AWD dyno.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
OK, so Long Island, NY is not NOVA. But for what it's worth
Best Tire on Norhtern Blvd does a lot of NY celebrity mods. A bunch of rapper names and a few NFL stars.

A fair amount of BMW/Lexus/MB iron and a lot of 60's - 70's muscle car stuff.

Anyway I've been going to them for years for minivan and maxima aligns. All they're asking me is $300 for the Eibachs that they say the've done many times and the normal $89.95 for a 4wheel alignent.

thought the comparison might help you guys.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I looked up some old emails and Curry's wanted $450 to install an aftermarket suspension and an alignment for $115.00 to $337.00 (if you want it corner balanced). These prices were back in 2000 so I imagine they'd only be higher five years later.

Dr. John's in Sterling is now known as The Auto Shop. As previously mentioned, they're rather pricey like Curry's. http://www.theautoshop.us/pages/1/index.htm

CDE Motorsports in Falls Church seems to have gone out of business. Their website is no longer up. Too bad since they had decent prices.

Autothority in Fairfax has a good rep working on German cars. Don't know if they do other imports. http://www.autothority.com/services.htm

What we should do is befriend an ASE certified mechanic and work out some side deal with him. Mechanics get a fraction of what a shop charges anyway so he'll get a nice payout tax-free. It should be a win-win situation.

I nominate bradical to hang out at Rosenthal and covertly recruit one of their techs! Will he accept this mission???

·
Registered
411 Posts
I spoke to a buddy at work that's big into the Z32 scene - he's got a really nice 300ZXTT. Anyway, he's got a friend that lives in the same apartment complex that I do that is rather well known and respected in the Z32 world. I need to get in touch with him to see what he wants for the install. I'll keep everyone updated.

Matthew

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey guy's

My brother is a big car buff and gets all his mods done in Rockville.. I'll get a name and a price for you guy's. I know he does great work. How many will be lowering??

·
Registered
411 Posts
There's at least three of us, and I think there was a fourth.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Four of us got in on the recent Eibach group buy, and if anyone wants to get in on the installation group discount even better. Replacing springs only should be cheaper than a full suspension. We also need a 4-wheel thrust alignment. Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'll have a name and a price for you tomorrow..

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im heading to rosenthal infiniti tomorrow for an oil change and to get that popping noise fixed. i met the head mechanic there (randy) at the drag strip with about 3 other FXs last year. i saw him a couple times since. he does remember me, but i havent really buddied up to him or anything. are you suggesting that i ask him to do this on the side, or at the dealer? ill see if i can find him tomorrow

·
Registered
22 Posts
Count me in on the lowering as I was one of the group Eibach spring buyers. Thanks.

Bill

2004 FX35 AWD | Diamond Graphite/Willow| STILLEN STB|Tinted windows|Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (to come)

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
BigMatt,

I know you're itching to get the springs installed ASAP, but could you possibly hold off until June so we can harness the power of volume discount? bradical's wedding/honeymoon is in a few weeks and my springs won't be sent for a week or two after y'all because I added roof end caps (for the rail-less mod and backordered for 1-2 weeks) to my shipment.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry guy's, my bro will have the contacts and pricing in the AM..

·
Registered
411 Posts
CAR54 said:
BigMatt,

I know you're itching to get the springs installed ASAP, but could you possibly hold off until June so we can harness the power of volume discount? bradical's wedding/honeymoon is in a few weeks and my springs won't be sent for a week or two after y'all because I added roof end caps (for the rail-less mod and backordered for 1-2 weeks) to my shipment.
No problem. I need to get my FX to the dealer for some warranty stuff anyway... They never really got rid of the rattles, and I don't want them to be able to blame that on the springs. They were cool about the STB, though - I was lazy and just left it on. Service advisor was actually pretty impressed by it.

Off topic - what does the fender bolt TSB issue sound like? Any references on this that I can tell my dealer about to have them research the issue so that I can just go in and have them do the work without much fuss?

Matthew

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am going to try and get them to fix this bolt thing tomorrow. its a TSB and it sonds like a loud *pop* when you pull out of a driveway or something where the wheels are turned and the body flexes.

the TSB number is here

http://infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulle ... 04-043.htm

Service Bulletin Num : 04043

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hmm. Guess that's not what I have then. I have a really tinny sounding rattle coming from under the car. Sounds like the heat shields are rattling or something. Last time I had it in, they said it was pebbles and **** caught between the heat shields and the body rattling around. I'm gonna have them take another whack at fixing it.

Thanks for the info, though.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
LIRob said:
Best Tire on Norhtern Blvd does a lot of NY celebrity mods. A bunch of rapper names and a few NFL stars.
Where on Northern Blvd? In Queens or toward Great/Little Neck?

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great news guy's. There is a Performance shop in Fredrick MD by the name of MSP Performance or Motorsports Performance. They are very well known, own the fastest street Supra in the U.S. It has been in commercials and in a bunch of Goodyear print adds. The owners name is Chris and I spoke with his dad, he goes by the name of Greek. They have a very impressive shop, dynos and what not as well can align after installing the Eibachs. He quoted me $150.00 for all 4 cars plus approx. $75 for the allignment. "How ya like me now"? I may make it 5 if i get my Eibachs by next Thurs. I'll be in Fredneck for three days 13th, 14th, 15th.. i'll get mine done while there.. let me know if you guy's can swing this. I'll maybe have to give all names or even have us pay up front for the service to get that price. Let me know.. Bryan

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
That's a pretty good price! Do you know what they charge regularly? It's probably going to be quite a drive for some, but better than sitting in traffic going to a shop in Fairfax or Alexandria. Thanks for the info, Bryan!

I just called Pro-Imports in Gaithersburg and they will provide 10-15% discount off the regular installation price of $316.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
yang said:
LIRob said:
Where on Northern Blvd? In Queens or toward Great/Little Neck?

Thanks
Towards Great Neck/Manhasset area.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.