Infiniti FX Forum banner

Noob here :)

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  DGFX 
#1 ·
Ok, couldnt find a place to say hi and stuff so thought i would put it here as i do have some enquiries regarding rims and suspension.

To start things up, i own a 04 Black/Brick FX45, living in Dubai.

1) First of all, i tend to find my ride abit harsh and bumpy sometimes, as i read in other posts i guess this is something natural with a FX, i was thinking of having softer suspension, not to the extent my ride becomes a jeep, but something less harsh than this one, any recommendations ?

2) I was also thinking of dropping my ride, but dont want to make this stiffness issue any worse, can i do this with softer suspension ?

3) planning to get black HRE type 640r, what do you guys think, would it look great on my black FX ?

4) for the time being im also willing to paint my stock rims titanium, something similar to the rails, how do you think this would look ?

I know this is quite alot for a first post :) apologies, ive had these enquiries for a while now and thought of asking you ppl about it..

Pictures will come soon :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the group 8)

Regarding harsh/bumpy ride check the tire pressure. Many, if not most FX's come from the factory with the air pressure set too high (low to mid 40s). Part of dealer prep is to check it, but some dealers either don't or leave it in the upper 30s.

Regarding lowering the car, do a Search - there have been several recent discussions about lowering.

#3 ·
a/ Lower the tires pressure to around 30 psi.
b/ lower the seat then put a pillow/pad on top. (no joke but actually helped)
c/ Stay away from Stillen Strut Tower Bar STB) and lowering Eibach springs modifications.

Wish you the best of lcuk and keep us posted.
:) :) :) :)
>>>> WELCOME TO THE ORG.<<<<<<

#4 ·
to lower is to make firmer

i dont know of any springs that would help lower _and_ make the ride softer. i wonder if you can get an adjustable ride suspension put in? i think jimsbmw was talking about this with some of the FXers in his group in china. not sure if any of them actaully did this mod though.

#6 ·
dubai, welcome but lets forget the fx and all your mods for a sec, tell me about all the cute persian girls that are over there habibi. :D

#9 ·
Welcome bro.. Those HRE wheels are the real deal. But, i hope your in the oil business, your talkin $1,800 a rim for 22's and $1,600 for 20's per rim US. No doubt would be one of the badest rim and tire packages on any FX.. Of course I am a HUGE fan of the black on black.. As for the bouncy stuff, I tend to disagree about the Eiback springs. My 03' rides better now than before lowering and I'm saying in ALL situations. My girlfriend said my car was all over the road and really ruff to drive pre-lowering and no thinks it rides REALLY nice. I agree. On pretty good roads the car performs much better and on really bad roads it performs better. Obviously this is a personal preference thing also. I don't mind trying to avoid the BIG bumps, but you definitly don't feel every groove and imperfection like with the OEM springs and the Goodyears..

#13 ·
I'm from Syria. My parents are actually moving back there, my dad's in abu dhabi right now scouting out condos to invest in and stuff. I'm stuck here though :( lol, gotta finish undegrad then try to get into med school.

So is there a special importer you dealt with over there to get your car or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.