Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a non-tech FX35, I have an opportunity to pick some headphones off of a tech package, off of someone online. Will they work (plug and play)? Do I have to jumper out and do a mod on the wiring harness?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but if you don't have the video system option, these won't do a thing. The transmitter for them is part of the factory overhead video. You could always put in your own transmitter if you wanted to use them for another purpose.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Yeah, I've done one. a 35 with brick/black interior. Overhead 7" flip down with built in dvd, and an RF modulator.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the impression that the technology pakage headphones were wireless, I am planning in the future to add some screens in the back, tying them into the audio system and having head phones for the rear passengers if they passengers wish to have them at their disposal. Or possibly having and secondary audio source for a passenger to listen if they so wish to.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
So then you will need an infrared emitter/transmitter to send sound to those headphones, or maybe your new screens will have tie IR built in. Most operate on the same "frequency".

·
Registered
520 Posts
hey John how much was the parts and install for the flipdown screen, and how much would it be for 2 headrest screens installed?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I think the flipdown was about $1000 or so installed. Headrests are considerably more, in the $1500 range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.