Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, after hitting a bunch of winter potholes in NY, my FX is now making a popping noise in the right front when going over bumps. Seems to only make the sound while going over small sharp bumps.

Sounds very similar to (had this happen in my other truck) a broken shock boot bouncing up and down.

Does this sound like the fender bolt TSB? :?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually now that i listened to it more, it sounds like someone taking a large sheet of thin metal and flapping it. I'm guessing it's the fender rubbing because of the loose bolts. I will make an appointment for service

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to get my second oil change and tires rotated and noted the noise to the SA. They replaced the upper fender bolts on both sides and guess what? the noise is STILL THERE!

I will keep you all posted....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wife's FX went in about 2 months ago for the fender bolt TSB....The sound improved but is now back. We'll be making another appt soon :? ....Hopefully the tech will get it right this time...the last guy couldn't even get the fender liner back properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.