Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys heard of these? They're up on Tires.com but there's no information available. Looks like a summer tire to me but I can't find much info. Even the Nitto website doesn't say much.

They have em in our size tho, that's why I posted. IF anyone has any info on em, share please?

Looking for more options on tires. Right now I'm swinging towards the Toyo, but would want to maintain the same dry weather performance as the current RSAs if I can.

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
They are non directional so u can rotate them side to side too.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
They look very nice but are very soft tires, so far 2 guys have installed it on theirs in Taiwan and I should have been the third but let my set to a fellow fxer that needed tires badly. So far from reports the tires grip really well, but from the looks it would only be good in areas with light to medium rain, I think with snow you would have trouble getting grip. In dry it sticks like glue and its lighter in weight that the goodyears that came stock. Once I get my set installed I can tell you more.

Andypchang any additional comments.

Jim

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, the look of the treads are eye candy. I think they look meaner than the BFG KDW. However I can only get all seasons so I think these will not be an option for me unfortunately....

:( I guess I'm expecting too much from an all season.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
- I've had some aggressive looking tires like this one b4 (Nitto450), looked good at first but I didn't like it very much when treads gone down low, each tire then seem to come with its own tread design. I guess we can constantly rotate them to prevent it from worn our unevenly.
- Some conservative styles like ours come in small sections seem to maintain its own style till they are bald. My .02

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I really like how these are non-directional like our RSAs. The Toyos are directional if I'm not wrong, which means only back to front changes.

With side to side changes requiring remounting and rebalancing, I'm afraid I'll end up scratching my 20"s mounting the tires when I need to get them rotated.

Still leaning towards the Toyos though.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I was just reading about those tires in Import Tuner... I'll try to find the issue and what they said, if I recall they gave it high marks... looks good though... or as Conyatgious says, "they look ill", but I'm not cool enuf to talk like that. :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I didn't realize rotating side to side required rebalance Shock
Neither did I. However, the last time my dealer rotated from front to back I still had to do a rebalance for some reason even though they were just fine prior.

·
Registered
170 Posts
One FXer sold his spare Nitto 420 to me. (only 2 tires)
I replaced the rear ones.

Nitto are softer, quieter & lighter than factory Goodyear
It improved FX's poor ride quality issue which annoy me
since day one.

I'll probably drop another two Nitto anytime soon. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
my wife was driving this time and allow me sitting in the back.
Nittos are less noise & less sensitive to the road which made me sleep quite well.

I'm sorry to know the Goodyear never gave the family a good time
to sleep in the back.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
My set of 420 is still on back order, hope they come in after new years.

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice, Jim.

I'm thinking those Nittos also help 0.3s faster when doing 0-100 Km/hr :D :D :D
Look at all your mods, 7.0s is expectable in Nittos.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benzo

I am also thinking about going back to 22 but in a light weight forged wheels, maybe change for summer what do you think, so far the once I look at in 22 x 9.5 about 30 pound a wheel.

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
Performance wise, yes !
I've checked BBS and surprisely to find how they manage the weight of their forged rims
Said, all around 9~10 Kg no matter the diameter is.
You can get 22" as light as 18" do.

the only down side is that forged BBS doesn't look attractive.
though they're all $$$.

jimsbmw said:
Benzo

I am also thinking about going back to 22 but in a light weight forged wheels, maybe change for summer what do you think, so far the once I look at in 22 x 9.5 about 30 pound a wheel.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benzo said:
Performance wise, yes !
I've checked BBS and surprisely to find how they manage the weight of their forged rims
Said, all around 9~10 Kg no matter the diameter is.
You can get 22" as light as 18" do.

the only down side is that forged BBS doesn't look attractive.
though they're all $$$.

jimsbmw said:
Benzo

Jim
Thats what I am thinking too, and I think 420 also comes in 22's

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.