Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yea, they've been complaining about feathering and fast, uneven tire wear since they came out. Funny how you don't hear nearly as many complaints from G35c owners. Also funny that G35c's come with Michilin Pilot Sporta, while the 350Z comes with crappy Bridgestone Potenza's. Hmmm... So what's cheaper for Nissan: the tire warranty for cheap tires they have an abundance of or start using the more expensive tires as well as retrofit everyone else? Hmmm, again. Actually, the Bridgestones are good performing tires; their tread just isn't ideal for the Z's suspension geometry. Z owners with tire wear problems on the stock tires who have switched to different tires have reported greatly improved results. The Bridestones are also blamed for the 350Z's lower skidpad numbers than the G35c. Nissan just F'd up, got too cheap and chose the wrong tire.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
particlefx wrote:
[/quote]I thought it was mostly due to poor alignment (toe adjustment) and not the tires. No? [/quote]

Thats what I got out of it at 350z.
This may be my husbands next car :agrue:

Hi Particle :wink:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
particlefx wrote:
I thought it was mostly due to poor alignment (toe adjustment) and not the tires. No?
Thats what I got out of it at 350z.
This may be my husbands next car :agrue:
This may be my wifes next car...I've been pushing her toward the G35c, but she thinks it's too plain looking.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Yeah, We like the G35c also but it is priced a little steep.
We are kind of waiting to see the 2005 G35c and 350z. :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
I thought it was mostly due to poor alignment (toe adjustment) and not the tires. No? :?
That was the early excuse and there were some out of spec. suspension components replaced, but people are still having feathering and premature wear problems. If it was an alignment issue, Nissan likely wouldn't be offering anything, as you could easily knock the alignment off yourself in any number of ways. If it was just the out of spec components, there would be no issues outside of the specified VIN range. Tires only last 10-15k on these cars (same with the G35c) regardless of what tires you have; I think a lot of people are just bitching because they bought a sports car and don't like having to pay for the subsequent upkeep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts