Infiniti FX Forum banner

861 - 879 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow- that Navtool is pricey! There really isn't any other way to do this? I was figuring that with the Nav system and backup camera, there would be some sort of input already built in for the Clarion cable. The iPod system is a necessity, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be wise to spend nearly 300 more on a 6 year old vehicle that I will probably keep two years tops- Off I go to get the front kit! Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
gustoFX35

Hi - I came across your entries about installing the Serius satellite unit. It looks like you bought the same unit I am looking at buying from SonicSales (off of Ebay).

How did it turn out for you?

What other parts did you need to hook it up?

Any tips?

Thanks

Scot

·
Registered
53 Posts
It turn out very well, I also have the iPod interface along with the SAT . The only thing is that if you want to switch between the iPod and SAT you need to unplug the iPod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gusto -

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get one tomorrow. What other parts (harness) do I need to hook it up? Can you share where you got it/them?

BTW - any tips for the install?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may not belong in this thread but I've been reading and trying to figure out what I want to do for my FX. I've got an 07 FX35, no sat or nav but it sounds like I can add an aftermarket ipod interface, like an iSimple or USA Spec. I've seen the USA Spec unit referenced in this forum but it was a couple years back. Does anyone here have any experience with any of these units and can make a recommendation? It seems the USA Spec one is much better and has more functionality. My main concern is playing my iPhone 4S and making sure it gets charged. What have you guys heard/seen?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
ruski said:
My main concern is playing my iPhone 4S and making sure it gets charged. What have you guys heard/seen?
The latest unit is from DICE... do a search on this forum for "DICE IPOD" and you'll see the thread on it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am selling my units the SATELLITE TUNER MODULE and the harness to connect the iPod CONTROL INTERFACE MODULE and the harness as well as the other harness that connects the iPod interface on the 2006 and up behind the glove box as well. I am asking $250 I am trading my 2005 FX35 in for a new one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have an '09 fx35 with the integration in the center console. It has a hookup, but no cable to connect to the actual iphone. What cable do i need to connect them? does that cable charge my phone as well, or is there a different mount or something that would work better. Thanks, this car is brand new to me

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
turbodog said:
i have an '09 fx35 with the integration in the center console. It has a hookup, but no cable to connect to the actual iphone. What cable do i need to connect them? does that cable charge my phone as well, or is there a different mount or something that would work better. Thanks, this car is brand new to me
You should have received the cable with your FX... if it's not there you'll probably need to buy one from the dealership... I don't think it's a generic cable... and yes it will charge our iPhone...

·
Registered
26 Posts
DatMan said:
You should have received the cable with your FX... if it's not there you'll probably need to buy one from the dealership... I don't think it's a generic cable... and yes it will charge our iPhone...
They did supply the cable but the stock cable won't charge any new iphone/ipod. It will charge an older ipod/iphone, but the newer ones wont charge with the stock cable. There are plenty of adapters available and i ordered one for 25 bucks that will charge the iphone 4.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Strange... I was pretty sure the cables that came with the 2nd Gen FXs (even starting with the 09) were able to charge all new gen iPods and iPhones... Wonder if the cable itself is different between years...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey gang-

Surprised to find no discussion anywhere yet in these forums about Apple CarPlay. So guess I'll start.

If you haven't heard yet about CarPlay, it's the next generation of iPhone/iPod auto integration- Apple formally shipped Carplay this week with iOS 7.1. A few car manufacturers (alas, not Infiniti) have committed to CarPlay in some new 2014 models.

However, there is also some hopeful chatter out there on the interwebz of after-market solutions. Here is one mention, and while not directly applicable to our factory FX systems, it is encouraging that we might one day be able to view CarPlay on our factory FX touchscreen displays.

The subject of CarPlay might deserve its own Sticky thread- but it might also belong here in the iPod Integration thread. I guess that depends on the level of interest.

Cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this is super old....but i've been looking everywhere and I need some help!

I have a 2005 FX35 with tech/tour package. It has NAV & SAT XM installed.

Are these the parts I need to install the iPod adaptor?

999U7-VR000
999U7-VS001

Also, where is the iPod gateway installed, in the rear of the FX or behind the stereo?

Thanks in advance, i've been reading most of the thread, but I couldn't find anything that relates to a 2005 FX at least....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone please help me

I have 2003 fx35 with no SAT. I bought this kit off another forum and I think it might be wrong.

I have part# 284H0-EA00B & Harness 999u7-vs000

I'd really appeciate if someone could help me out.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just bought a 2008 FX35. I'm assuming it's pre-wired for an XM radio, but not installed.

The best option to have my iPhone 6 integration is still the OEM adapter, if I want to retain the factory bluetooth calling feature?

I was sort of looking at this Grom NIS02U3 adapter... any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey gang-

Surprised to find no discussion anywhere yet in these forums about Apple CarPlay. So guess I'll start.

If you haven't heard yet about CarPlay, it's the next generation of iPhone/iPod auto integration- Apple formally shipped Carplay this week with iOS 7.1. A few car manufacturers (alas, not Infiniti) have committed to CarPlay in some new 2014 models.

However, there is also some hopeful chatter out there on the interwebz of after-market solutions. Here is one mention, and while not directly applicable to our factory FX systems, it is encouraging that we might one day be able to view CarPlay on our factory FX touchscreen displays.

The subject of CarPlay might deserve its own Sticky thread- but it might also belong here in the iPod Integration thread. I guess that depends on the level of interest.

Cheers!

Dave
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just bought a 2008 FX35. I'm assuming it's pre-wired for an XM radio, but not installed.

The best option to have my iPhone 6 integration is still the OEM adapter, if I want to retain the factory bluetooth calling feature?

I was sort of looking at this Grom NIS02U3 adapter... any advice appreciated.

Anyone have any luck or solution to get this working in their car?

861 - 879 of 879 Posts