Infiniti FX Forum banner

841 - 860 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spoke to Brian, from www.yournissanparts.com he is shipping me the correct harness for a rear install. I am also installing a satellite receiver, I am wondering if there is a way to manipulate the N-bus in the radio so you don't have to disconnect the iPod to listen to the SAT.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
In did it in mine. Involved cutting into the ipod cable and adding timer and relay modules to make the switchover using a pushbutton. Had to interrupt a couple wires to trick the module into thinking the ipod was disconnected and then others had to be interrupted and powered up to make the ipod pause instead of continuing to play after you switch to sat. I always meant to document it and never took it back apart to see what I did :roll: It was a pain in the butt though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, we have a way to do it . :D :D Now what about the parts needed to make this a reality. I am willing to do it. Let me know what I need to get.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you tell me which is the harness number that plugs into the pre-wired connector at the spare wheel well? I know you have to pretty much daisy chain the modules, so I would connect the gateway first then the SAT receiver off the gateway?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was told that for the pre-wired 2005 FX I am also going to need the EP000 sub harnes, and the VS001 in conjunction to the VS000. I just hope I am not missing anything on the day of the install, I want to do this once and right the first time. I am also going to install the OEM satellite roof mount antenna. I spoke to Brian (jerseyparts) he is shipping me the correct harnesses. With this hurricane coming I have to do the install indoors. I am going to see if I can do a (.pdf) write up of the 2005 install for the rear seat location. :!:

·
Registered
53 Posts

This is the Sirius tuner I purchased, minus the antenna, I am going with the OEM setup. Still waiting for the rest of the harnesses to come in. So far I've been lucky with prices, have not paid full price for any of the parts. Nice discount and great bargains when you shop around. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
53 Posts
My brother suggested that I change the willie nelson antenna in the front of the FX and replace it with this QUAD-BAND antenna and I don't have to make anymore holes on my beloved FX I don't know about that, I mean the antenna is smaller and lower profile, I have to think about this one. :?:

BTW, it's a AM/FM/GPS/SIRIUS/XM antenna

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Do you have a link to where you can buy that antenna? I've been looking around for a bit and am interested in upgrading the OEM antenna...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sure, it's a METRA Model No. 44-UN10 you cannot buy it from metra directly at least that is what I got from them, you have to get a retailer to buy it from. I bought mine from this place here. :lol:

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/44-un10.aspx

and also check out this online PDF for the Metra line-up, they are also paintable too.

http://www.metraonline.com/files/catalogs/Metra_EzOrder_Antennas_2010.pdf

Model No. 44-UN10 AM/FM/GPS/XM/Sirius
Shark Fin Antenna
• Black housing
• Screw mounted

·
Registered
53 Posts
Group buy on the antennas? Maybe, yes or no? I want to do some long distance testing with the antenna mounted in the front where the OEM (willie nelson) :lol: antenna would normally be mounted to see if it performs well.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
playadel2001 said:
The instructions on using the OEM iPod gateway earlier in this thread have a dead picture link and I can't figure out the controls.
Did you check the ipod parts sticky topic? It has links to control instructions for your year. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11426

·
Registered
3 Posts
johnmax said:
playadel2001 said:
The instructions on using the OEM iPod gateway earlier in this thread have a dead picture link and I can't figure out the controls.
Did you check the ipod parts sticky topic? It has links to control instructions for your year. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11426
I did, however the photo in that post is a dead link and I'm not sure what "#1" etc refer to. However, by reading through the last few pages of this thread I might have it figured out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - I'm new to this forum and have a question.... I have a 2008 FX35 with OEM Ipod Interface (in dash cable....) but it's not compatible with the latest Ipod Generations, i.e. nano 5th/6th or touch. Does anybody know if there is a software update or an adaptor out there that I can install to make it compatible? Sorry if this has already been asked in previous posts....

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Should work nonetheless, just wont charge. You need a charging adapter. Many options are discussed within the later pages of this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everybody- I have a new 2006 (new to me!) FX35, with Nav, backup camera, blue tooth, etc, no Sat, and no DVD pkg. I want to install the OEM iPod integration. I've been reading and reading, but I haven't seen my question answered, and if this thread is still alive, I'm hoping you can help. I'm intrigued by the possibility of playing iPod video on the Nav screen. I'm assuming (always risky) that I have the Nav module needed to do this. If I buy the Alpine cable with the rca plug, where does the RCA plug in? Is it behind the center console? If so, do I install the gateway unit in the back of the vehicle? If the RCA plugs into the dash, do I still need the second grounded cable with the front kit? Where exactly does the RCA plug in? What does the Nav module look like? Hope this makes sense, and thanks for your help!
---------------

2006 FX/35

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Do a search for NAVTOOL... I think you can even search eBay for it... should be a plug and play version now for the FX... you can install it behind the LCD screen... then get the front kit for the iPod module... install that behind the LCD as well... then get the CLARION cable that was mentioned in this thread... if you can't find the part #, just search for CLARION CABLE and you'll find it easily... after that it's all plug and play... the CLARION cable is much longer than the one that comes with the iPod module so if you install it behind the LCD, you should be able to get the cable to easily go to the center console (where I put mine as it's out of plain sight and in easy reach of the driver, as opposed to the glove compartment)... you will also need to get an iPod VIDEO (older model) as the newer iPods need a special chip enabled cable or something for video... you can probably still use one, but it's harder to figure out... I bought an 80GB iPod video that's JUST for my FX... bought it refurbished from an internet site and only take it out of the FX when the weather gets TOO cold or I want to install new music/movies on it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok thanks! I'll let you know how I make out. If I buy the Clarion cable, do I still need the cables in the front kit, or can I just buy the module? I guess the Clarion cable isn't grounded......

841 - 860 of 879 Posts