Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added the STB today and it firms the chassis and improves handling

On the Nismo LSD which I tried awhile back..it is for those who max traction,handling and bad weather traction.The flanges will not fit the FX45,BUT the Nismo unit will fit the 350Z,G35C/S,FX35.Everything works for them.Expensive mod,but if you are there with your other mods you will want this.Dealership has new parts guy..The FX45 axles are thicker everywhere except the spline area where it fits,but collars too large on the 45.
Took a ramp with the new STB in place and kept accelerating(downhill then up)...backed off at 6000 in 3rd.Big Smile!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I thought someone confirmed earlier that it wouldn't work for the '35 either? Doesn't the '35 use the same axles as the '45?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I am about the only person on this topic,What I and others thought was it would not work for any FX.What we discovered in the parts schematics is that it will work for all 35's.Only the FX45 has bigger axles.Which explains why I got 4 of 5 saying it would work when it did not.Folks did not see the 45/35 distinction.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Cool. Something else for the wish list. :D

Moved by me.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Isn't this Suspension?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Viscous is not as good for racing or autocrossing as clutches,but a lot cheaper.And much better than what we have!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Isn't this Suspension?
I'd consider it drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
Viscous is not as good for racing or autocrossing as clutches,but a lot cheaper.And much better than what we have!!
Right, I don't plan on doing either regularly, so the viscous should be a nice upgrade for the street. So it should work? Anybody know anyone who's wrecked or upgraded a sport G or auto Z?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will chck that distinction on Tuesday!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There may be some serious interest in manufacturing flanges to mate the Nismo LSD to the FX45 flanges..stay tuned on this one :D

I am bugging the parts guy at the dealership on verifying that the Nismo fitd the FX35 RWD and AWD.I believe the answer to be yes,but I will confirm that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts