Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I am going to do this mod... yet. I have done this to my chevys. I think this is a no brainer if you were doing F/I or live in a warm climate. I read somewhere the nismo thermostat opens at 150F and the stock piece opens at 170F.
here is the C&p

This NISMO thermostat helps to circulate chilled water to the radiator quickly in order to
reduce power loss during circuit driving and sports driving by water temperature rise.
In addition, the NISMO Low Temperature Thermostat also influences the engine control
system by opening the valve at 68C as compared to factory valve opening set
at 76C. As a result of opening the valve much earlier, the water temperature rise
time is decreased, and the engine is protected.
During the cold winter season where temperature is low, installation of this
might affect fuel consumption & provide poor fuel economy. Also, the heater performance efficiency also might drop.
Price: $124.95

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Does anyone really drive their FX aggressively enough on a daily basis that they wouold actually notice a difference or benefit from this mod? Maybe I don't completely understand what i's supposed to do for you.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Does anyone really drive their FX aggressively enough on a daily basis ...?
Heh. Guilty as charged, Your Honor. Blowing past slow California drivers is the only happiness I get some days. :)

However, since when the fsck did thremostats start costing one hundred freakin' dollars?!!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The price seems unreal,but there is a benefit.Works best when coordinated with changes to the ECU,fan turn on/off.and close to open loop on start up.Without those possibilities $100+ seems better elsewhere/anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts