Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this world coming to :roll: ? Replace oil, filter, wiper inserts, top off fluids, rotate/balance tires, do 1/2 dozen check-ups and - BAM ! There go your $300 :shock: . They also pinned on me - which I found out in the end - something called " fuel additive " and also " oil treatment " that I don't suppose Infiniti even requires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got the 2-year job, and it ran ~$650. I guess it just comes with the territory of owning an Infiniti. Sucks, but if you're gonna keep the ride for the long haul, better get the tune-ups. BTW, I'd skip the little 15k ones and just do the big ones at 30k (2 year), 60k (4 year), etc. Save a little $$$.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
From what I've seen if you tell the service advisor that you don't want any extras, just what's required in the service manual, you can watch the price estimate drop quite a bit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I really don't understand how these service costs get so high.

When I get service on my car, whether it's the FX or any other car I've owned, I look at the maintenance schedule. http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Maintenance/FX/30.htm

Instead of saying, "Give me the 15k service" you say "Change my oil/filter, air filter, rotate my tires and change my in-cabin filter." I assume once they do an oil change, they inspect all the inspectables anyhow. -- They want to find something amiss, so they can tell you about it and make money fixing it.

While most of the time, package deals are a bargain (You save money on the Big Mac meal versus buying the coke and fries separately) it would appear that package deals at dealerships are rarely a bargain.

Of course, perhaps the 15k package service has them doing some extra things. The question is, what are those extra things, are they necessary/bogus, and if so, why aren't they listed on the maintenance schedule as something that needs doing?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
The dealers around here offer free 2-year or 24K mile maintainance service. Guess that's one of the reasons why they don't negotiate on the price as much down here...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.