Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly painted FX45- need washing and waxing advise: I had mine FX45 completely repainted and paint shop advised not to wash with soap and wax for 30-90 days.

All suggestions are welcomed

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Err... don't wash or wax for 30 to 90 days? Whatchoo axen xactly? You can probly. Safely rinse (water only, no scrubbing), but you should let the top coat cure for 6 weeks at least. Then a gentle (cotten, no buffing) wash, and a couple weeks more for a real wax. Google wax vs polish before you do a real detail on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dislexicFXnaf said:
Err... don't wash or wax for 30 to 90 days? Whatchoo axen xactly? You can probly. Safely rinse (water only, no scrubbing), but you should let the top coat cure for 6 weeks at least. Then a gentle (cotten, no buffing) wash, and a couple weeks more for a real wax. Google wax vs polish before you do a real detail on it.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello when they painted yours was it the autumn copper color by chance if so how did they paint it.
The Body Shop I have my vehicle at right now put down a maroon base coat then a pearl top coat with a hardner so they didn't have to use a clear coat the paint is coming out to Maroon and its not having enough of the Pearl effect in it can you tell me how they did your paint please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts