Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Newbie here.

I've been checking this forum for a few weeks now, trying to learn as much as I can on the FX from the best source, the owners.

I'm currently researching all things FX as in the next few weeks I will be placing an order for an FX35. The FX is actually for my dad but I'm in charge of taking care of this purchase....a purchase that is a bit different from what most people have gone through here as I live in Japan and will be importing it from Canada.

Once I heard my father wanted to get an X5 3.0i I freaked out and stepped in, introducing the FX to him. He seems to like it a lot more than the aging boxy looking X5 and so has decied to go for it. The hard part has been fininding an importer in the area! I've now narrowed it down to 2 and will be deciding in the next few weeks.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
welcome dude
but c'mon man level with me you tricked your father into buying the FX because you wanted it not him.
but if it is not available in japan, how will you service it and get parts
let me get this straight, you order parts from canada, they ship parts from japan to canada and then turn around and reship them back to japan LOL :lol:
anyway the FX is worth a whole lot of hassle
well then you enjoy ..........ah mean your dad enjoy LOL :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eh eh...is it that obvious :D :D

No doubt I'll be stealing the FX from time to time!

Regarding maintenance...I've already talked to my local Nissan dealer and they said that for mechanicals its not a problem for services and so on. We are going for the FX35 as I know how great the VQ35DE, plus fuel prices here in Japan are expensive compared to the US so the 45 is a no-no. Also the FX35 will be shipped back to Europe when my parents move back there at the end of the year, and if you haven't heard fuel there is almost more expensive than wine!! :lol:

Both importers deal in parts as well....so if body parts need to be changed I can get them from there....but fingers crossed that wont be a necessity!! Plus I think the FX is worth the extra hassle...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts