Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and want to first say hi & that this forum looks like a great place to gain valuable knowledge and make some friends!!! My name is Marc, nice to meet you all in advance! haha

I just picked up an 05 FX35 after yrs of tooling around a 91 Sentra as my daily driver & I have mod fever already lol

Can you guys give me the scoop on mods (please bare with me)

Air filter:
I have looked for K&N replacement filters (drop in like stock) but unable to come up with em...any leads? (I have searched K&N website)

Intake:
I have been checking out intakes and found Injen and Stillen. Whats the deal on these and will either be affected by wet conditions? I would hate to water lock the engine. Will car need pc reprogramming after this mod? I Have modded RX-7TT's as well as C5's and never was an issue. Anyone dyno an FX with these mods (does it really help)? What intake would you recommend?
Any permanent alterations necessary? I would want to return to stock if Infiniti service is required so they dont hassle me over warranty voidance.

Z-tube:
Is the Z-tube sold separately? Is it required/beneficial for new intake? Where can I get one lol?

Exhaust:
Vendor/product experience?

Headers:
Substantial diff in sound or mild? I would like to pick up some low end torque if possible

Lighting:(I know this is engine mods but figured i would include in one shot lol)
HID's:
Is it easy to adjust HIDs? I have them set at zero but they still are pointed downward. I am not looking to blind anyone but a lil more distance would be nice.
Fogs:
Anyone improve the stock fogs? Is color matching of HID's feasible?

Everyone thanks for any info you can offer up to the "newbie" :D

Marc

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
welcome.

ill give some brief info from my experience, but do some searching on this site (search link up top) and you can find TONS of stuff that will keep you busy for the next year :lol:

1. not sure about K&N slide ins for the 35. i know they have ones that fit the 45. but you are going to want to get a cone filter anyway with a stillen or JWT intake.

2. you can drop in a stillen or JWT easily with little or NO mods to the stock accessories. if you want to add Z-tube, you are going to need to cut the accordian part or fabricate your own raplacement piece for it (search on this). i had a stillen first then a JWT. i liked em both :) but the stillen is more of a closed box and prolly the coolest air. JWT looks way better and thats what i kept

3. Z tube basically is to remove the baffles of the stock tube. lets the air flow smooth thru and makes more growl. sounds great!
its a separate part...

4. most of the rest i havent done (again search this site for tons of info). i did do 10K hids and they lkook great, but note that they are not as bright as the stock bulbs since they have a blue hue. they do cast light just as far though, in fact even further IMO.

5. look into a crawford plenum to complete your intake system. they now have a cast plenum that is a one piece job that doesnt require a trade in of the old plenum.

good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad,

Thanks for all the great info/schooling :) I appreciate it bud!

·
Registered
54 Posts
00M said:
Air filter:
I have looked for K&N replacement filters (drop in like stock) but unable to come up with em...any leads? (I have searched K&N website)
I think that K/N offers filter for FX35 - If I see correct - P/N 33-2031-2

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
00M said:
Brad,

Thanks for all the great info/schooling :) I appreciate it bud!
np...like i said, these topics have been hashed and re-hashed many times here so pump in some keywords in the search and have fun!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Since you've already been introduced to Search; I'll just say welcome to the group. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats, and you can ask the group members here regarding mods since most mods thats avaliable have been installed already.

Jim

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mods

Since I found out I have my FX for one more year, Im into the whole mods. now! My STB came in today but there was no one to sign for it!!!! So Im going to try and see if I can pick it up somewhere tomorrow, or I'll just have to wait till Monday!! I can't wait that long! Neways, Im also looking to do the fog lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.