Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Finally a forum just for FX's! I'm currently in a G35 6MT, but upgrading to an FX35 AWD because I will be moving to Minnesota next month. The dealership I'm working with has been trying to find a DG or BS on Graphite with Tour/Tech/Sport, but can't find anything within 300 miles! I have to settle for the FX35 AWD w/o Sport. I gonna miss those 20's! But I can always buy the 20's later. Does anyone have any problems with the 20's without having the sport suspension? I wouldn't think so, but any input is appreciated. Also, is it easy install the aluminum pedals? The aluminum roof rails sound good also, but I kind of like the standard black ones. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
First off, welcome! 8) Second, make your dealer get off his lazy butt and find you the car you want! They can search the entire country and find the one your after; you may just have to pay a bit extra to get it shipped to you, but this will be a lot cheaper than settling for something less than you want and regretting it later. I, too came from a G35c 6MT and love my FX!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benny

Welcome to the org. Congrats on your future purchase and hey, if you like the black roof rails maybe we can do a swap?

Hope you find yours soon

Jim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
First off, welcome! 8) Second, make your dealer get off his lazy butt and find you the car you want! They can search the entire country and find the one your after; you may just have to pay a bit extra to get it shipped to you, but this will be a lot cheaper than settling for something less than you want and regretting it later. I, too came from a G35c 6MT and love my FX!
Ditto the welcome! I concur - adding 20's yourself (wheels and rubber) + pedals will make the added shipping cost (if any) seem small anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

I drove to Dallas (1500 there) to get my exact car.
I was very happy driving it home. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. i've decided to go all out and get every package. it's gonna be a FX35 AWD DG/Graphite Tour/Tech/Sport/DVD. i need a car quick so i'm trying to find one in my area. I'm gonna lose a lot of on the trade in (i was only a year into my lease), but the 1.9% financing will make up for it!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Where are you located now? They're still doing 1.9% financing where you are? I thought that was over as of Labor Day?

Assume you are looking for AWD for Minnesota snow - do a search on these forums regarding the stock 20" tire performance in snow (think there is a specialty forum called "Suspension, Tires, and Rims". There has been some concern about traction, even for AWD and you may want to stick with the 18" all-seasons (i.e. nix the Sport package) that you can easily swap with 18" Blizzaks. If I recall people were having difficulty finding 20" snow tires.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, I thought 1.9% was gone? I too regret not getting the sport package. I was thinking with my wifes best interest, since its her DD. Funny I may end up with my buddys 6Mt as my DD.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bennyhana9399 said:
thanks for the replies. i've decided to go all out and get every package. it's gonna be a FX35 AWD DG/Graphite Tour/Tech/Sport/DVD. i need a car quick so i'm trying to find one in my area. I'm gonna lose a lot of on the trade in (i was only a year into my lease), but the 1.9% financing will make up for it!
The 1.9% financing is gone - I could NOT get it on a purchase just this past Saturday. I also did a quick check on Edmunds for current incentives and there are none listed. I too wanted Tech + Sport; but I do not see the need for DVD (waste of money in my opinion) Of course its easy for me to say that at my kids age. But I do not like seeing kids having DVD 24/7 - do they really need it to go to the grocery store :shock: I'd get a portable unit for trips that can also go inside the hotel or grandma's house, etc after arriving at the destination. Just my 2-cents worth.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
bennyhana9399 said:
Hello everyone. Finally a forum just for FX's! I'm currently in a G35 6MT, but upgrading to an FX35 AWD because I will be moving to Minnesota next month.
First off welcome!!! Secondly, how did you find us? I'm trying to advertise the site and just wanna know how yougot here :)

Dallace

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome!

Minnesota... About 8 years ago, MN had record low -40F :shock: !! I couldn't start my wife's new Volvo.

Anyway, this is gonna be the first winter for my FX here in Chicago and I will see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
dmtalon said:
First off welcome!!! Secondly, how did you find us? I'm trying to advertise the site and just wanna know how yougot here :)
I found this site through a Google Search on keywords: "Infiniti + board" That led me to a master site that monitors the statistics of most if not all internet forum/board websites, of which this one was included. I must also say that a simpler search on "Infiniti + forum" did NOT link me here. It did lead me to nissan-infiniti, nico and FA however. Both nissan-infiniti and nico were on the first page and FA was on the second. This site does NOT show up on a "infiniti + forum" search.

Searching on "infiniti + board" also finds the other sites. Again this site is somewhat hidden. As I said I found a site called big-boards.com and found this link through it. You can see which site I chose to join however!! :p

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Definitly need some help on Google - a Seach on "infiniti + fx + forum" puts FA at the top and this site is not on the first 5 pages :(

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So that's how/why we hit 30 the other nite! (over 20 guests in Pictures) :D - no yellow smilies?

·
Registered
320 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
dmtalon said:
I found this site through a Google Search on keywords: "Infiniti + board" That led me to a master site that monitors the statistics of most if not all internet forum/board websites, of which this one was included. I must also say that a simpler search on "Infiniti + forum" did NOT link me here. It did lead me to nissan-infiniti, nico and FA however. Both nissan-infiniti and nico were on the first page and FA was on the second. This site does NOT show up on a "infiniti + forum" search.

Searching on "infiniti + board" also finds the other sites. Again this site is somewhat hidden. As I said I found a site called big-boards.com and found this link through it. You can see which site I chose to join however!! :p
Ditto, Google on Infiniti + board/forum. Was led to FA at first, but prefer the "small town" feel of this board. Our proxy uses big-boards and other sites to block. I cant get to FA from here :roll: The meta tag needs some thought b4 opening to a flood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i actually found this site through freshalloy.com. i don't remember how, i think one of the threads mentioned this website. i hate the way their forums are setup, very confusing. i'm so glad i found this site!

as far as the 1.9%, i'm purchasing from Thousand Oaks Infiniti. I'm currently working with the sales manager who told me he would hook me up with the 1.9%. i bought my G35 from the same dealer.

i've read MANY threads on driving in snow. this will be the first time for me driving in the snow, so i'm just going to take it slow and hopefully i can get through it ok. it seems like there were some mixed responses on this issue.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
bennyhana9399 said:
i actually found this site through freshalloy.com. i don't remember how, i think one of the threads mentioned this website. i hate the way their forums are setup, very confusing. i'm so glad i found this site!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, man, if you only knew how freaking hilarious that is... :lol:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
How did that come to be anyway? :D :eek: :) :shock: :lol: :wink: :roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts