Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new remote off ebay and wanted to know if anyone knew how to program the key fob for an '03 fx35 (although i would think it would be the same for the '04 or '05 as well). anyone know? i've tried googling it but come up MT.

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, this is the procedure I used when I got a remote for my Z off Ebay; give it a try, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same procedure you need.

1. Get in the vehicle.

2. Close and lock all doors utilizing the driver's power-door lock/unlock switch.

3. Insert and remove the ignition key more than six times within a 10-second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). Don't rush the process, and be sure the key is completely withdrawn from the ignition-key cylinder each time it's removed.

4. Turn the ignition to the ACC position and press any button on the remote one time. The hazard lights should flash twice, letting you know your mission is a success.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
woo hoo!

:D

just wanted to let you know that your programming instructions worked perfectly. so i guess it must be a universal program code among all nissan/infiniti keyfobs... thanks!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's what I figured; glad it worked! 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new and just purchased a used fx35. Are these instructions the same as reprogramming the immobilizer key?

I received all three factory keys, the 2 master and 1 valet BUT only 1 of the master keys turns the car on. The other master key and valet key does not turn on the car, it only opens the doors.

So do these instructions apply to my problem or will I need to go to the dealer to reprogram my keys?

Sorry to hack this thread but I'm kinda confused.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
you would need your dealer to fix that for you. The car isn't recognizing the transponder chip in those two keys for some reason. The procedure listed above is for setting a remote entry key fob to the car only.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone know if this proceedure will work on a '97 Qx4 and a good source for replacement FOBs?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I recently bought a second OEM key fob for my G35 from http://www.originalkeyless.com. Cost me about $54 shipped and came with programming instructions for my year/model vehicle. I definately recommend this site.

EDIT: Looks like that site is down for some reason, but I found another one that looks to be the same and has the same price, http://www.keylessride.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.