Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks for this forum. I've been lurking for a while. I learned enough to know I wanted an FX and figured out how to convince SWMBO it really was a great family car. :shock:

Second, Diamond graphite FX35 touring. (No sport I've gotta drive the LIE, Cross Bronx and I95 twice a week.)

Third, This is the first car I can love in over 12 years. I've been doing the Maxima mini-van thing since I had to sell my 300z.

Fourth, Would any of you kind souls care to advise me what I should do next to break her in, treat her right, and then make her mine? I'm a little worried about paint and finish since she'll be outside a great deal of the time and traveling *gulp* the Cross BronxExpwy. (Speed and handling w'out sacrificing ride noise or comfort (Yeah right :lol: :lol: ) would also be appreciated. I will get out of the Bronx once in a while.)

Thanks all. Glad to be back. Hope this post isn't too chatty I'll learn.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Just follow the owners manual and treat her nice for the first 1000 miles. After that, you can have fun. Also, look into Zaino for the finish. I just got my kit for Christmas and now I'm trying to find the time and weather to do it right.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the group - ditto on following the owners manual.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: NEWBE: Picking her up Tuesday. Thanks & What shoul

LIRob said:
Would any of you kind souls care to advise me what I should do next to break her in, treat her right, and then make her mine? I'm a little worried about paint and finish since she'll be outside a great deal of the time and traveling *gulp* the Cross BronxExpwy. (Speed and handling w'out sacrificing ride noise or comfort (Yeah right :lol: :lol: ) would also be appreciated. I will get out of the Bronx once in a while.)

Thanks all. Glad to be back. Hope this post isn't too chatty I'll learn.
WELCOME,
Mine is black and I did not have the clear bra installed on the front bumper, now it's like a war zone. I REGRETED.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome to the group LIRob. Enjoy your FX.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome aboard! Good to see another LIer join the org.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Long Island FX'ers are mulitplying like rabbits :D

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. 4 hours 7 minutes to go until I get her. Not that I'm counting.......

·
Registered
172 Posts
Which Dealer you getting from?? got mine at Atlantic in Lynbrook

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I'd like to ask a question to NY fxers.

I just noticed that there is no Infiniti dealer in Manhattan(I'll be moving there this May.). Which one is the closest and best to the city? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
East Coast Represent! 8)

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
topguy said:
Welcome to the club.

I'd like to ask a question to NY fxers.

I just noticed that there is no Infiniti dealer in Manhattan(I'll be moving there this May.). Which one is the closest and best to the city? Thanks.
Dunno maybe Atlantic in lynbrook or millenium ( :x ) in Manhasset. Isnt there a Ray Catena in NJ close to NYC? Maybe you can find that out out at infiniti.com.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im a long island FXer and I was just wondering who else is From Long island here and what part...btw I got my FX from Mellennium Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Islip Terrace here.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im from New Hyde Park btw

·
Registered
220 Posts
Plainview here...