Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new fx'er here. hi.

got a new 2004 fx35, but it's in for service already at 300 miles to get a new transmission. does that sound odd?

bad transmission solenoid...

kinda bummed, but alas 'tis life.

glad to know this board is around!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
particlefx said:
Welcome!!! :D :D :D

Sorry about the tranny. Will they just replace the solenoid or, in the Infiniti way, replace the whole transmission? :shock:

The only other mention of a bad tranny that I can recall was this post.
They're replacing the whole transmission.

Yipes! There's a stigma of a replaced transmission? What's that about? Maybe I'm missing something. Is this "resolution path" something to be concerned about? :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
From what the mechanics and parts guys have told me...they do not fix...they replace!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update: Got the whole transmission replaced. They also seemed to have replaced the front driver seat and driver side door panel since they smeared grease all over it. There's a bit of grease (but barely noticeable) throughout (steering wheel, carpet, driver side seat spotting). The mechanic also left a his socket wrench in the engine bay rolling around on the plastic underbody. I've notified Infiniti Consumer Affairs and the dealership, but doesn't seem like there's much they're willing to do at this point.

End of venting. Despite these problems, I'm going to try and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Man, Sorry to hear about your tranny problems. Makes you wonder if they put the thing in correctly based upon the quality of their cleanup efforts.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I WAS FEELING THE TRANNY KICK DOWN TOO SOON WHILE SLOWING TO A STOP @20-25 MPH , WENT TO DEALER X3 THEY COULD NOT REPRODUCE. SERVICE MNGER TOOK IT HOME WITH HIM AND NOTED PROBLEM FINALLY! REPLACED WITH NEW TRANS WHICH IS NOW FEELING THE WRATH OF THE STAGE II S/C FROM STILLEN!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Shudder....

Sometimes when i downshift from 3 to 2 at low rpm the FX shudders.....is not consistent, anyone had this or ideas ??

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vibration and noise while in reverse ONLY

yes, i've just noticed this - put the car in reverse and a fine vibration from the transmission plus a noise more prominent than the idle sound - there is total silence in drive,park and neutral - maybe it's normal ???? please check it on your cars,too. thx.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
How did they discover that your transmission was gone, what kind of feeling did you have when driving your FX.

Jim

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
From what the mechanics and parts guys have told me...they do not fix...they replace!
i dont know about you, but for me:

FIX = monkey trying to diagnose the problem and solution
REPLACE = monkey doing what its told :lol:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
First, welcome to the board!! :D

Second, that is extreme. Sorry for such heartache so fast.

Third, I have noticed on my 45 that sometimes when I am slowing down to a stop that the FX kind of jumps or shutters like the transmission or AWD is engaging/disengaging a little ruffer than imagined.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Shudder....

FX4U2C said:
Sometimes when i downshift from 3 to 2 at low rpm the FX shudders.....is not consistent, anyone had this or ideas ??
Thanks
Yes, both my 03 and 04 (with both original and replaced transmissions) did this. It seems like the computer just isn't that good at attempting to match revs. Sometimes its really smooth, sometimes rough. The trick is to not downshift between 10-20 mph. It does better either faster or slower than this.

My 04 transmission was replaced as well. Check my previous posts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts