Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just picked up a FX45 fully loaded Silver '03 used, but with low mileage. I am very impressed with the car so far. Excellent low and some mid-range power. Going to work on the top end with maybe a mod or two. Very impressed with the overall quality and layout of the vehicle. It seems as though the form, fit, and function of most of the devices were very well thought out. It handles very well for an SUV. I have a 99 Corvette, and although it doesn't handle the same, I am pleased so far. I believe it should have come with an adjustable shock system.

I did have to take it in to a local dealer today because it had a very strong smell of gas around the vehicle as if a seal in the gas system was bad. Although I have a heavy foot, I barely got 14.5 mpg on my second tank full. There were no visible leaks, just the bad smell.

My first question is, I noticed at the dealership this morning that a new FX had the same 20" wheels as mine, but it had dark silver paint, whereas mine has a pewter/gold paint finish. First of all, does anyone that has this wheel color want to trade for my wheels? If not, what is the paint code so I might take them to a local shop to have them painted? I think they would look much better on the siver car than the pewter colored wheels. A very minor issue, but something I'm interested in doing.

Finally, I'm thinking of installing the Stillan intake system. Who gives the best price for a set-up on my FX45.

Thanks for a great website and feedback in advance,
john

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the '03 wheels were called "champagne" since they had a bit of gold to them.

04's have either gun metal, or chrome, and im not sure if they do champagne anymore.

i personally love the looks of the gunmetal rims

anyone want to trade gunmetal for champagne? :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
jam999999 said:
I barely got 14.5 mpg on my second tank full.
You should be aware that's actually pretty good mixed C/H for a '45. We can pass almost everything on the road except a gas station.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever put a 45 on a dyno with a wide band O2 sensor and checked the Air/Fuel ratio across the rpm band? Is there any software to alter the pcm? I was thinking of taking my 45 to a shop and have it dynoed soon.

thanks,
john

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

Just check the stillen site and the intake is as of now not yet avaliable, I think the only one that have a intake setup for a 45 is from Paddock Performance.

As for painting the wheels I used to go to Wheel Techniques in Mountain View, they do a great job, cost is not cheap about the same as you would to chrome it.

Jim

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wish the color of my wheels was a plain silver like you see on German cars. The gunmetal makes the wheels look dirty with brake dust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts