Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Dayum nice! I'd be even more impressed if Bob Lutz could make it available to the public within 2 years...I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It came from the Pontiac Solstice, just reskinned in Saturn garb. Looks very nice; I deffinitely like the Saturn version better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, looks nice. But somehow it just doesn't feel like a Saturn. My gut tells me they could sell it for more if it were badged as something else. Then again my gut is not an automotive expert. I guess they'll use this vehicle as the first of a series that will change the market perception of Saturn as a brand...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It will likely have the same specs as the Solstice:
Solstice’s power is created by a new 2.4-liter variable-valve version of the Ecotec DOHC four-cylinder engine, producing about 170 horsepower. Its twin-cam, multi-valve design provides stirring, high-revving performance, while the engine’s lightweight, all-aluminum construction helps optimize the vehicle’s front-to-rear balance. At the start of production, Solstice will be offered with a close-ratio Aisin five-speed manual transmission. Curb weight: 2860lbs.
see more pics here:
http://www.fast-autos.net/pontiac/pontiacsolstice.html

This is from the concept:
The Solstice is powered by a rear-wheel-drive 2.2-liter DOHC supercharged EcoTec four-cylinder engine generating up to 240 horsepower with premium fuel. The supercharger is an off-the-shelf unit supplied right out of the GM Service Parts performance catalog. The engine is mated to a Borg-Warner performance six-speed manual transmission, the same one used in the Corvette.
Expect this model to follow within a year if base model sells well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope they can get it to market without screwing it up. It's the only Saturn that I'd consider owning. I respect Bob Lutz greatly and I'm impressed with his impact on GM.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ummm.

Has a Viper look to it doesnt it? Like it!

·
Registered
286 Posts
it has potential but needs a lot of work
e.g.
the dash/console looks cartoonish
the fog lights is almost as large as the head lights
the grill looks huge
of course this is all MHO :wink:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It looks impressive. What are the lights directly above the fog lights? My problem with it is that there's no ground clearance. Wouldn't want to drive that through the parking lot speed bumps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That car will be a hit. Imagine that rolling down the road on a sunny day. I think the C6 Vette design magic is finally trickling to a few other GM cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts