Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Nice! How much and do you have any specs? Would you still need to buy or fabricate an extension piece like you need for the Nismo and other Y-pipes? Is it tapered where it meets the OEM mid-pipe?

Any chance you can send one down to Houston for an "evaluation"...:) :p

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
UnlimitedTuning said:
This is a bolt on YPIPE specifically designed for the FX35, no any kind of modification or extension piping is required, thanks.
Ok. So no need for an extension piece. What about the taper? From the specs for the Z/G35 it has a 3" outlet. Is this true for the FX35 pipe? It's common to miss the fact that the diameter of our OEM mid-pipe where it joins the Y is 2.5." Others have needed to fabricate a "tapered" extension to ensure a smooth transition. If you don't, added resonance due to the abrupt step-change can occur as experienced by others.

Also, will this fit the FX35 AWD models?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nice! Gains?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm interested in the pipe sizes as well... And will it work on AWD FXs or just RWD? I know most (all?) of the Z/G y-pipes are a no-go on AWD FXs...

Matthew

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I saw UT on earlier tonight.....why have they not answered any ?'s... :?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Are you Korean Andy?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes I am, and if a FX1004 is a yujah, thats hot!

Got some more info for you guys. On behalf of UTR and Performance Nissan working together we have found that the Y pipe for the RWD and AWD is not different. Same exact part numbers BUT, for FX models with production dates of August 2004 or higher, you have a different y pipe. The 8/2004 and up models for the y pipes have different part numbers meaning there is something different with that part in comparison to the earlier year models. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
haha I dunno about the sexy part, but he's definitely a namja. lol

The key question from GeoFx remains unanswered: Is the collector tube/outlet 2.5" or 3"? This is the deal maker/breaker for me.

TIA

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
UnlimitedTuning said:
Hi all,

The diameter of the pipe is 2.25" inlets and a 3" outlet. Hope that helps.
Indicating that this Y-pipe will not match up perfectly to the stock mid-pipe...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yup, no dice. Looks nice though.

Are you guys in the Great Neck area?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Where are the underbody pics to show the diference of the awd and rwd to UT

·
Registered
527 Posts
yeah what she said :lol:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not very impressed with the lack of info bein presented... I know we all like to spend money on our cars, but, we do want a little more info.. YA KNOW......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.