Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Philips just came out with the brand new halogen street legal, the "Blue Vision". I give it a try since they are Philips and made in Germany, identical/ matched with the OEM low beam H7 bulb from my MB E500 which just went out on me.
- All models are available (9006 too :p )
- Paid $14.99/ea at AutoZone.
* Note: I am not able to get an accurate color (Kevin) comparation because the OEM Mercedes projectors are seem to produce a"whiter" beam than some other ordinary housings.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Philips BlueVision is a NoGo*
I just have a chance to sit both car side by side...The new BlueVision bulbs provide same brightness as the stock BUT just a little whiter, not even close to our OEM HID, and NO MATCH with the (pictured) after market 10,000K. I stated ealier, the factory E500's projectors produce a whiter beam than the AUX light or any other halogen housings.
* NOT MUCH INPROVEMENT IN COLOR WISE*

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
2Fast4U, what are you trying to achieve? 10K color on your E500? Your E500 uses halogen H7 bulbs and does not have HID headlights?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShadyJC said:
2Fast4U, what are you trying to achieve? 10K color on your E500? Your E500 uses halogen H7 bulbs and does not have HID headlights?
:p , It's non-HID so there is no subtitude/comparation, just trying some "short cut" :p . I just went back AutoZone and got myself a Sylvania Silver, same color as the Philips - NOGO-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts