Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Rob, and I'm new to this board. Hello to you all. I am picking up my black FX35, Touring and Sport, tomorrow. Friday, I have an appointment to have tint installed on the front windows and a clear bra on the front and leading edges. Is there anything else I should know as a new owner? Anything I should be taking care of now as opposed to later? Any mods that are absolutely necessary for the money? I'm just looking to introduce myself and gain knowledge from all of you fine folks.

Thanks,

Rob.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome, Rob!

I'd recommend getting a few coats of Zaino on that puppy while it's still pristine. Oh, and did you get a set of winter mats? I don't know where you're located, but if it's a harsher climate, some deep-channeled mats are a must.

Hope you enjoy the board! Let's see some pix of your new 35 once it's decked out and tinted. :)

Devon

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the site :D

Great color. :wink:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Couple of cosmetic things: Check the aluminum trim carefully and make sure it hasn't been scratched up in transit and during prep. Sometimes it's hard to see unless it is in direct sunlight.

I agree with the all-weather mats. The OEM carpets are terrible anyway. I lay the rears over the OEM carpet and replace the front carpets with the all-weather ones.

Test drive again before you drive off. I've bought an 03 and an 04 and both times my wheels were out of balance and had to go back and have them adjust. Make sure you take it on the highway at 65 or 70 mph to test.

Good Luck with your FX

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you haven't got one already, get a radar detector. You're going to need it! I mean... really. :D

Welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my replacement vehicle for the 2003 350Z track that Nissan bought back from me due to the cupping front tires. So, I have already learned how to keep the throttle in check. Those are all good suggestions. I will definitely check the aluminum trim and get some all weather mats. I have used Zaino in the past on my Z. I am talking to some detailing folks on some other boards about whether or not there is some paint sealant that might be even better to use for keeping the vehicle clean. My main irritation is having to hand wash all the time. It seems like cars used to clean up with a hand sprayer a lot easier than they do today. Now it always seems like I have to hand wash to get it completely clean. I would give up a little gloss for something that really repels dirt. Ideally, I would be able to clean the car by spraying with a hose and no soap. I know ... a dream. Maybe I should invent it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts