Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Have restored and owned many cars from Alfa's to Porsche's to MG's. Admirer of the FX series and currently in the market for a '45. Unsure if Series 1 or 2 are the better car. Would appreciate any advice comments from forum members.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
If you are looking for a 45 you'll want to go with 06 and up as that is the refreshed version of the 1st generation. If you want to go with the 2nd generation you will have to look for an FX50 to get the V8. That one changed to the name QX70 later but that name applied to both the V8 50 and the V6 35/37.

I would trade my old FX35 for a FX50 (or QX70 with the V8) but finding a low mileage version around here is not possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. The '35 is a nice car, too. I've seen a few good, low mileage cars listed but rarely a '45. I've searched for problems on Series 1 and Series 2 cars and have not seen much difference in terms of reliability and repairs. I'll continue to research and certainly share with the forum what I learn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a FX45 In south FL. 2005 That only has 78K on the clock and never seen snow. Very fine Physical shape. Wouldn't be available till Nov. Message me if Interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My advice is to drive them both. Before I bought mine, I test drove a couple of 35's before getting the opportunity to drive the 45. In my humble opinion, the 45 is a whole different vehicle, and I was sold immediately. Not looking to debate, just my opinion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My advice is to drive them both. Before I bought mine, I test drove a couple of 35's before getting the opportunity to drive the 45. In my humble opinion, the 45 is a whole different vehicle, and I was sold immediately. Not looking to debate, just my opinion.
Agreed, This vehicle is very powerful, a real sleeper and fun to drive. With Premium fuel pretty cheap now , its a good time to own it...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts