Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2012 White FX50S. Was looking for a lower mileage and finally found one with 75K miles. I also have a 2010 G37XS Anniversary Edition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Nice mix. Welcome to the site. Tell me is the FX50 faster than the G37? I believe that when the 50 came out is was faster than a G35 but I don't know about the 37.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The reason I was looking for the FX50 was because of the V8 Engine. I knew that the VQ 3.7 V6 Engine in the FX would not be powerful enough for me. My G37XS is quick with 0-60 around 5.6 sec. I tested an FX37 but found it to be sluggish at low rpms. It felt that I had to rev the engine too much to feel the acceleration. I did test drive a 2006 FX45 and found it to be quick but those are hard to find with low mileage and not many issues. Actually, I like the exterior design of the first generation FX but I prefer the V8 engine and technology of the 2nd generation FX. When compared to other SUVs, the FX50 does feel more like car and the engine pulls very hard. That being said, it doesn't handle like the G37. The FX50 0-60 is supposed to around 5.5 sec. However, the G37 feels faster from a dead stop but the FX50 would definitely beat it in a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yours looks good too. Are the rims stock or painted? Have you done any mods?
I'm second owner, so I'm not sure if the original owner had the rims and calipers painted. The calipers have nice infiniti labelling and the wheels have nice black infiniti center caps so it looks VERY oem but I don't know if that was actually a factory option.

No mods other than 20mm spacers in the rear (worth the hassle, imho) I just keep it in good repair with OEM parts.
I'd like to open up the exhaust note a bit but am concerned with making it drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too. I'm the second owner of both cars. I got the G37 in 2012 with 54K miles and the FX50 this March with 75K miles. Wish I got them new but the cost was very high for both when they were new. The FX50S fully loaded in 2012 was over $65K. So far all I've done is add performance drop in filters and add synthetic oil. For the G37 I did a Throttle Enhancer that did make the pedal more response and helped the MPG by about 1 mpg. I'm considering adding to the FX50 too.

This is one I installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts