Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

I'm about to become the proud owner of a 2004 FX35, Liquid Copper/Graphite, with Tech/Touring. I put money down on it last week, and the car is being brought in from Chicago even as I write this. I sold my 1996 BMW 318ti in a private sale and am waiting for the buyer to finish his financing. As soon as he hands over a check, I can pick up my new FX. Should happen mid-week, I hope.

I look forward to visiting this forum often. You guys are a fount of knowledge! I'm probably not going to be modding my car or anything like that, but I'll pop in to check on maintenance issues, owning tips, etc. (Just finding out here about those bubbling seats. :shock: The leather seats on my BMW were in perfect condition after having the car for nearly 8 years. I hope Infiniti gets its act together...)

Cheers,

Devon
(the female version)
(must make an avatar one of these days)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Congrats and welcome to our little community! We need more of the fairer sex around here. Browse and enjoy and don't hesitate to ask questions!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Welcome....... :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Devon said:
Devon (the female version)
(must make an avatar one of these days)
Use Dawn's ("SweetFX") as a guideline. ... something like that :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use Dawn's ("SweetFX") as a guideline. ... something like that
ROTFL! There's enough cheesecake around here without me adding to it.

How about a nice bare-chested shot of Brad Pitt?

Devon

·
Registered
32 Posts
WELCOM DEVON... YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE YOUR FX35. YOU ARE NOW A MEMBER OF AN ELETE GROUP. HOPE TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS AND POSTS HERE. I HAVE A B16 BUT ALMOST BOUGHT THE LQ.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Devon said:
Use Dawn's ("SweetFX") as a guideline. ... something like that
ROTFL! There's enough cheesecake around here without me adding to it.

How about a nice bare-chested shot of Brad Pitt?

Devon
Welcome to the club! There's NEVER enough cheescake! And as for Pitt...I saw more than enough of him in the movie Troy yesterday...but ya know, whatever makes the wife happy, makes me happy! :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
but ya know, whatever makes the wife happy, makes me happy!
<snort>

Let Mrs. ToInfiniti hog up the FX too long and see if he changes his tune!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is the best place to come for FX advice, wisdom, information...and humor. But, beware, if you hang out here long enough these people will turn you into a mod crazed addict. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Harryh said:
if you hang out here long enough these people will turn you into a mod crazed addict. 8)
I have to say that "Moving Nav" mod is looking pretty good. :D But I'd be a nervous wreck doing that kind of surgery on my new FX...

------------------------
(Signature to come as soon as my FX does!)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Devon said:
Harryh said:
if you hang out here long enough these people will turn you into a mod crazed addict. 8)
I have to say that "Moving Nav" mod is looking pretty good. :D But I'd be a nervous wreck doing that kind of surgery on my new FX...
It's very, very easy and a good place to start; just snip one wire and insert a switch. Be careful though, the mod bug is easy to catch and very hard to cure. :wink:

·
Registered
832 Posts
WELCOME! :D

If any mod...the Ztube swap should be it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
but ya know, whatever makes the wife happy, makes me happy!
<snort>

Let Mrs. ToInfiniti hog up the FX too long and see if he changes his tune!
Not a problem Kenny...In over a year of ownership, the Mrs. has only driven my FX once! And I just about had to twist her arm to do it that time. She's confessed to me that she's afraid to put the first ding it it...but that was already done at the dealership...I was getting the hood repainted (blemished spots on the original!), and it was returned to me with a HUGE door ding...BASTARDS...but I digress.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my first look at my new FX today. It had just come in from a dealership in Barrington, trucked in fresh today.

Even covered with a plastic wrapper (my dealer called it a "diaper"--heh), it's a thing of beauty.

The buyers of my BMW say things are progressing fine at the bank and they hope to close tomorrow or Wednesday. Once they turn over a cashier's check to me, we'll head for the motor vehicles office to sign over the title, then it's straight to the Infiniti dealer to pick up my new toy. :D

I want my FX before the weekend, dangit!

Impatiently,

Devon

·
Registered
220 Posts
Devon .. I got my FX from Barrington, too. Very nice dealership .. but .. the salesguys really weren't FX experts.

True, after perusing these boards before I bought, I knew a lot, but still .. here's some examples:

Me: What version of the DVD nav software am I getting?
Salesguy: The nav system is not DVD based.
Me: Yeah, it really is.
Salesguy: Ok, then where is the DVD player? (Starts searching in tailgate to no avail.)
----
Me: So, what's the trigger for the nav system to not allow you to input a destination? MPH or putting it in drive?
Salesguy: What? You can't input a destination while the car is moving?
---
.. (While fiddling with wipers) Me: How do you get washer fluid to back wiper?
Salesguy: There's no wiper fluid spray in back.

.. These aren't completely simple questions, no, but not rocket science questions either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked up my FX last night and it's sweeeeeeet! I'll upload a pic as soon as I've had a chance to wash it again (it's already getting a little dusty from driving around). I'm still in the "what excuse can I use for taking the car around town today" stage. :D

I'm getting tons of compliments on it. People tell me that sitting in the back is like "riding in a limousine." And they're blown away by the tech package.

Still learning the ins and outs of the nav screen--quite the learning curve there.

What a cool car...

D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts