Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new LEDs this morning. Ordered from superbrightleds.com - part number 7443-15 (white). Each bulb contains 15 lights (9 forward + 6 side).

Install took about 1 minute for each side. Here are the comparison pics with OEM.

Looks like they will match up nicely with the upcoming 10K HIDs... 8)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Very nice! I was going to ask how much, but decided that that would be lazy, so I went to the site...not real user friendly to search around, but managed to price a pair of them (with shipping) at $22.98.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Very nice! I was going to ask how much, but decided that that would be lazy, so I went to the site...not real user friendly to search around, but managed to price a pair of them (with shipping) at $22.98.
Yep. That's how much I paid for them. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my turn signals with LEDs, but I'm not sure which to go with. I know I'm supposed to use the 1157, but I don't know how different the appearance will be with the different amount of LEDs (they have 30, 24, 19,12) as well as a narrow or wide version of each different amounts of LEDs.

Thanx in advance for all the info/assistance!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Hey yours looks just like mine. I ended up getting 3 pairs instead just in case there were any problems. Now I have 2 extra pairs in Taiwan just incase one blows out.

Jim :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
aZn_DaIgRAf_Fx said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my turn signals with LEDs, but I'm not sure which to go with. I know I'm supposed to use the 1157, but I don't know how different the appearance will be with the different amount of LEDs (they have 30, 24, 19,12) as well as a narrow or wide version of each different amounts of LEDs.

Thanx in advance for all the info/assistance!
Signal bulbs are 7440. SuperbrightLEDs.com does not currently offer anything for this app, but says they will within a couple of months. Keep in mind that when using LEDs in the sgnals, you also have to get their resistor kit (one for each side) to avoid "hyper-flashing".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
So that means 1157 and 7440 are not the same fitments?

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
jimsbmw said:
So that means 1157 and 7440 are not the same fitments?

Jim
1157 is a completely different bulb type than 7440.
Here's what an 1157 looks like:



Here's the 7440:



These are pics of the Stealth bulbs (silver coated that flash amber); the alternative signal bulbs. See the related thread here: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1837
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Ok, I think I got it, our signal bulb is like the fuse plug and not like the metal base ones. I never too a look at it when I changed mine before.

Thanks

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
hmm... i'm sorry guys but i think i goofed. i wrote what i wrote real late at night and just wasn't all here... i think i'm referring to the parking light bulb which is 7443? and i believe the 7443 is the equivilant of the 1157.

i read on another post that he modded his "turn signals" to LEDs just before I read this one so I guess that's where I mixed up the two terms.

so the question remains, any difference between more LEDs vs less as well as what the difference is between narrow and wide? thx in advance and sorry for the screwup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
aZn_DaIgRAf_Fx said:
hmm... i'm sorry guys but i think i goofed. i wrote what i wrote real late at night and just wasn't all here... i think i'm referring to the parking light bulb which is 7443? and i believe the 7443 is the equivilant of the 1157.

i read on another post that he modded his "turn signals" to LEDs just before I read this one so I guess that's where I mixed up the two terms.

so the question remains, any difference between more LEDs vs less as well as what the difference is between narrow and wide? thx in advance and sorry for the screwup.
Well, I can simplify this for you. The 7443 bulbs are very similar in design to the 7440 ones pictured above (but there are differences, so they can't be interchanged in the app.), so again, they are a completely different bulb type than the 1157. This knowledge cuts your options down to a 9 vs. 15 bulb LED 7443 from SuperbrightLEDs.com.

I have the 15 bulb ones as well and they look great (again, see the pics at the top of this thread; mine are identical). I believe another member got the 9 bulb ones by mistake to go with his 10k HIDs and noted they wheren't quite right, so he was getting the 15 LED ones instead. They will both produce the same color of light (pictured in the first post of this thread), the 15 LED ones, with the additional 6 radially mounted LEDs will just produce more light and be brighter.

There are currently no LED bulbs available for the 7440 signal bulbs, so I'm not sure what you saw that may have confused you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
thanks too

jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Sure is nice to have someone like MustGoFastR around, isnt it? :D

I ordered these last week, cant wait to install em. The PIAAs just dont cut it with the 10,000k bulbs. Not even close. I'm about to order the chrome blinkers now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Hi Guy's,
Who has had LEDS in the longest for DRL or clearance lamps.
Do they seem to have longevity ?

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top