Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinetix Racing just released pictures of their intake manifold for 350z (for NA and especially Turbo applications).

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I just posted the the first one on a 350z in the USA in the meet section under NM meet @ elliots. :?

So far it is for FI setups

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
ANy indication on performance improvement over stock? Was eyeing a crawford plenum, but this looks MUCH more shiney !!!
I'm new to modding engines, but it looks like this would replace our plenum? And allow for easy (later) use in/conversion to turbo?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
We over heard the guy talking that had it and he said :

It replaces your upper and lower plenum. They are saying maybe 30hp on a non-fi set-up. 50hp added to FI. Something about it running too lean.

Remember we were listening off to the side.

Guess we just have to wait and see. :?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Very impressive piece,and I am not focused on the shiny but the tuned runners and clean design.
Lean does not surprise me..it is flowing air and that can be adjusted for!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Golden Boy said:
Reminds me of the GT40 intakes of the early '90s Mustangs....
That was my first thought, having had that very intake on my 5.0 back in the day. Hah. Everything old is new again?

As far as price, the SVO GT40 intake kit used to run about $600 as memory serves, but then again, the old grey matter ain't what she used to be. Add in the fact that the GT40 intake kit had a much larger market to sell to, and greater economies of scale in manufacturing (made by Ford)... And some 10 years of inflation... I'm kinda scared to hear what this intake will cost.

But it sure looks great. And as far as *might fit FX*, I don't see why it wouldn't. We've got lots more room under the hood than the Z/G guys.

Matthew

·
Registered
170 Posts
:D Impressive kits !

·
Registered
81 Posts
I remember reading at the G35 and 350 sites that the gain per $ was not impressive, especially for NA. Do some research at those sites before you buy anything.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
rustyeleio said:
I remember reading at the G35 and 350 sites that the gain per $ was not impressive, especially for NA. Do some research at those sites before you buy anything.
EXACTLY. It was a big flop. Now there's huge hype over the new Cosworth... we'll see how that holds up. The Cosworth has been built up for even longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.