1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Wife will be needing a new car in about 6mos. I wonder what the M35 will end up going for. The prices on the site seem way way too high. :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
wow that car is hot.
speakers by the headrest
watch out FX :roll:
i may have to cut short our relationship :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
fxer said:
watch out FX :roll:
i may have to cut short our relationship :)
The competition is very stiff in the sedan market in my opinion. The new M seems very nice, but there is a lot of very nice out there.

We needed a 4th car in the family and I wanted a sporty SUV. I'd been driving an Acura TL-S for a little over 3 years and got tired of sitting so low to the pavement. The FX is one of the few vehicle that satisfies a sporty drive while riding high. In that category there are only a few players.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well, if you're looking in the $50k range for a sporty (read: powerful), RWD, 4 door sedan, there really aren't alot of options. Before getting the FX, I was looking at the A6 (wife hated the styling), E500 ($60k+), Volvo S60R (too new at the time, but high on my list), M45 (previous version, great car but styling=ZZZzzz...), 540 (no cupholders in a lux. car?)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've loved the M45/Fuga concept since the first pics. I really wish that Infiniti had kept the rear fascia design of the original concept (chrome bands ending with the back-up lights) rather than this oversize tailight assembly.

We're seriously considering an M45 fully-optioned for my wife early next year. Other choices will be the E500 (not great value fully optioned in the mid-low $60K, new Lexus GS430 (appealing) or the R400H (on list though most likely won't be able to get one for awhile). Another SUV really doesn't sound that appealing even though she really likes the Lexus RX.

The M45 is the most impressive so far and I've perused the Infiniti site over all of the details. Infiniti appears serious in making the new M45 as leading-edge, value-oriented, and world-class against it's competition as the G35 has in it's class. I truly hope the performance measures up to the specs.

My Dad and a good friend of mine are both seriously considering the 2005 G35s as their next vehicles. I believe that Infiniti is starting to shine and take market share in strides.... now for that Q45 flagship replacement that will make Infiniti customers proud........

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The new RL looks pretty good too. I'm trying to decide between a luxo sport sedan (M45, RL, 5 Series) or an all out sports car (the new Vette - takes alot of convincing to the mrs.) for our next purchase.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
What about the Lexus LS?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've seen the new RL out on the streets and have read pretty much all the available articles out on it. It's a great improvement over the old, stagnant version although it just doesn't appeal that much to me. Great value though the design is rather mediocre. I like the rear-end though! Styling aside, performance will be significantly lower than the M45 and GS430 giving the AWD platform. Who knows? I'll test drive it when decision time comes.

The LS430 is too conservative and not performance-oriented at all. My wife doesn't like larger vehicles such as the S-class, LS430, A-8 arena (parking/driving/hills in L.A.-she's a realtor). The only reason we will move her up on the IS300 is because of an expected 2nd sibling to our 3 1/2 yr old son. Much more flexibility for her. Besides, we're a young family that likes the youthful, sporty styling of a true sports sedan. It looks like the vehicles will all be out around Feb/Mar.
Can't wait for the reviews and experiences!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
M45 all the way.. At 55k you can't touch another ride comparable.. I will probably look at a used M35 when they start coming back to the dealer. Still a rocket and at 45k new should be a good ride with 25k on it in about 6-10 months.. Shoot, throw on some stagered wheels, 4" lip on the rear and you've set yourself appart from the field....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Berylium35 said:
M45 all the way.. At 55k you can't touch another ride comparable.. I will probably look at a used M35 when they start coming back to the dealer. Still a rocket and at 45k new should be a good ride with 25k on it in about 6-10 months..
OR wait until next spring when they have to discount the M45 10k like the FX45 b/c they overproduced and everyone is buying the '35 instead! :p

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
i just saw a new M45 today on highway,
It is not as big as i thought.
but it's a SWEEEET ride.

The tailight is so BIG!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
We spent a good amount of time in one of these on the showroom floor last weekend and it is indeed amazing. If it were an SUV and not a car, I would have been tempted to trade the FX in right then and there.

The salesman was playing with it and linking his phone to it, etc. and showed us all kinds of crazy stuff it will do.

I really want one, but I don't want to drive a car again. But the 340hp is appealing! 8) :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
New (sort of new) Infiniti M Forum.

http://www.infinitimclub.com

This is a forum that I found back in March and tried to join in April with no success. However it appears to be up and running now; there were new posts dated 8/15 - I joined and began posting.

Anyone interested in the new M-Series give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bazooka said:
My neighbor went out and bought the M35 after experiencing my FX45. He really wanted the M45 but needed AWD.
Tell him about this site - it has the same software (thus look) as this one, but has very few members at the momment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts