Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopping by to say whats up to everyone, just got my FX35 2 weeks ago - and I'm loving it. I traded my 2002 Lincoln Navi for it. Before I got the Navi I had a GMC Syclone (ask me if you wanna know more about that). But I've been reading the past couple of days......theres a grip load of info here! Thanks for sharing!

05 FX35 Black on Black
Tech/Sport/Touring

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Welcome to the ORG.

Jim

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome........

I had a GMC Typhoon. I had one of the 100 red body/red cladding color. They only made 4300 Typhoon's. My parents got it for me for high school graduation in 1993. I tricked them into thinking it was an SUV. They wanted me to have a Cherokee. They would have been better off getting me a grendade. I raced a 911 turbo (the one before the 3.6) and smoked it. The look on the guys face was priceless. I drove the Syclone and it was even faster! I remember the C&D artice where the Syclone beat the Ferrari 348 tb in the quarter mile. I have not seen either of them on the road in awhile. I guess it has been over ten years though.

Anyway....welcome to the club. Thanks for mentioning the Sycole. It brings back good memories. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We'll the FX is still the way it came out of the box (stock). The only thing I've done is tint the front 2 windows. I basically asked the guy to match the factory tint - and its looks pretty darn close.

GMC Syclone & Typhoon - were basically Sonoma's & Jimmys supped up big time - from the dealer! Came stock w/ 4.3 V6 Turbocharged AWD........limited prodution. 1991 thru 1993 (I believe). I threw a chip in my and changed the air to water intercooler to a air to air -

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
psiclne said:
We'll the FX is still the way it came out of the box (stock). The only thing I've done is tint the front 2 windows. I basically asked the guy to match the factory tint - and its looks pretty darn close.

GMC Syclone & Typhoon - were basically Sonoma's & Jimmys supped up big time - from the dealer! Came stock w/ 4.3 V6 Turbocharged AWD........limited prodution. 1991 thru 1993 (I believe). I threw a chip in my and changed the air to water intercooler to a air to air -
How many miles did you have on it?
I put 50k miles on mine, before I crashed it. They were able to repair it, but many thinks kept failing, so I sold it. That car was amazing. I think I went a year with out seeing another one at one point. Again, thanks for re-hashing the memories.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do you still have your Typhoon? The Sy's and Ty's were great trucks. Definitely the spiritual predecessor to the FX, IMHO.

How are used prices on those things? Many left?

Matthew

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got it used with 20k + miles and when i got rid of it (i wasnt able to find anyone to smog it) :x I had 50k miles on it, so I put on about 20k.

I remember smoking Mustang Cobras, Camaro's & 1 time i took a Harley Davidson.....yeah yeah I know Harleys arent fast - but its still a motorcycle. Hahaha -

·
Registered
187 Posts
BigMatt said:
Do you still have your Typhoon? The Sy's and Ty's were great trucks. Definitely the spiritual predecessor to the FX, IMHO.

How are used prices on those things? Many left?

Matthew
You know I totally agree. I thought I would get flamed for saying it, but it is definately the spiritual predecessor. I was have been waiting for the GMC second coming of these beasts but it never came. I got rid of my Ty in 1997. Still one of my favorite cars. Not sure what they go for on the used market. My Ty was not the reliable car in the world. It is like something I read on a Forum about the Ty, "A lot like a girlfriend - takes a lot of money to keep going, but when she puts out... man oh man!".

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the group. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.