Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Wassibiz developed a box with bottom feed,find a Bazzoa posting and in his signature is the site of a boxx and bottom feed.Lastly there are pics of mine somewhere on forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
brnjug said:
Wassibiz developed a box with bottom feed,find a Bazzoa posting and in his signature is the site of a boxx and bottom feed.Lastly there are pics of mine somewhere on forum

Guys, thanks for the looks.. Can you post the link to this box. Can't find it in the search field or if anyone else has suggestions...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
GixxerSteve said:
DatMan said:
GixxerSteve said:
3) Throttle body spacer
Never understood the reasoning for that... it's not like it's gonna help add air or anything... just makes the plumbing to the plenum longer doesn't it?
Funny you should ask that. I actually bought a TB spacer for my Titan because I thought it would look cool and give me some more power. But then I did some research on the Titan forums and most people said it was snake oil and that it did little to nothing. TB spacers were actually designed for engines with carburetors, where the fuel and air mix before the TB. A spacer gives more time for the air/fuel to mix. Most spacers today have spiral rings inside to "spin" the air, and they claim this helps create a vortex that moves air through the intake faster. But on today's fuel injected engines, the fuel and air are mixed after the TB, so there is really no need to mix up the air. One side effect of the TB spacers was that it makes a whistling noise upon higher revs -- some people liked it. I sold the TBS to another member because I thought the whistling noise was cheesy.

Video of TB spacer whistle ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mNo9_hzQ4
So I just got the car, finally.. The shipping company took forever. It doesn't whistle at all so not sure about the spacer deal. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Wow, that intake tube looks like a marvel of craftsmanship, tig welded, pie-cut stainless - I build intercooler pipes like that, I wonder who made it?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
angus said:
Wow, that intake tube looks like a marvel of craftsmanship, tig welded, pie-cut stainless - I build intercooler pipes like that, I wonder who made it?
As I said previously in the thread, it really looks like an LMS intake - they do Toyotas and Lexuseses (?) Lexi ? Whatever. Anyway, they manufactured some intakes for Infinitis but discontinued them. You still see them on Ebay occasionally.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
psychopike said:
angus said:
As I said previously in the thread, it really looks like an LMS intake - they do Toyotas and Lexuseses (?) Lexi ? Whatever. Anyway, they manufactured some intakes for Infinitis but discontinued them. You still see them on Ebay occasionally.
Look closer... that's a custom... look at the weld spots... LMS didn't have any weld spots...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After having it several months, the Dealer and others have said it was custom made. Dealer was impressed. I saw the parts at Summit Racing a while back in a book when I asked a tech about it. They come separate and have to be tig welded.

DatMan said:
psychopike said:
angus said:
Look closer... that's a custom... look at the weld spots... LMS didn't have any weld spots...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
So I hope that means you kept your FX as is? Would've been a waste to go back to stock... :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts