Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a 2003 FX45 Liquid Copper with 160Kms on it.
Paid $13,400 including taxes

Its my first Infiniti, and my first used car, so I am a little nervous about buying used. Before this I was leasing new cars and I decided enough was enough, I wanted a car I can own and customize with mods.

I am still going through the forums, but if anyone can give me some info?

Is there anything specific I should look for that others have problems with?
Any recalls for this model year?
Any technical bulletins?

I am planning to take it to a dealer to have them check everything and want to be sure.

Thanks!
Duane

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
not many mods you can do on the FX45, though...
Congratulations on the great new car!
There are plenty of technical bulletins that you can find here on this forum. Where are you located? Obviously, not in the US. The dealer (at least here in the US) can tell you what has been done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the org! And congratulations on the new ride. You would find lots of useful stuff on this site and ideas are exchanged freely among membes. You got yourself a great car so enjoy!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
There have been several TSBs... just go to an INFINITI dealer and they can access the work that's been done on your car... even if it's a US car, but then you'll need to go on a weekday since for some reason, they can't access the US database on the weekends... or something weird like that...

Not too many mods you can do on the 45... she's already got lots of power so for handling, there are GT SPEC braces you can get... definitely get a quality STB for her... rims are always a nice touch as well as exhaust... there's a really good engine fan mod you can do that will free up quite a bit of power... and try to get an intake for her... JWT made some in a group buy before... not sure if they're still available though... you can PM "kieranlavin" and ask him if it's possible to buy one still... you can also do a 2nd gen BBK retrofit which I'm looking into for my 07... stainless steel brake lines... coilovers... that's about it...

Have fun with her!

·
Registered
25 Posts
dcook said:
Hello,

I just bought a 2003 FX45 Liquid Copper with 160Kms on it.
Paid $13,400 including taxes

Its my first Infiniti, and my first used car, so I am a little nervous about buying used. Before this I was leasing new cars and I decided enough was enough, I wanted a car I can own and customize with mods.

I am still going through the forums, but if anyone can give me some info?

Is there anything specific I should look for that others have problems with?
Any recalls for this model year?
Any technical bulletins?

I am planning to take it to a dealer to have them check everything and want to be sure.

Thanks!
Duane
I'm assuming this was the one on kijiji & trader?
I passed up on it last week because the copper exterior and interior was too much for me.
Congrats on your new vehicle
I picked up my black on black 03 fx45 with 150 last week and its been amazing !

I'm also in toronto, hope to see you around although we probably wont since the cars blend in some what!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the Copper put me off at first but then it grew on me, I imagined it with nice rims, get the tint redone so front and back matches, and then maybe take it for a wet sand and new clear coat so the color really pops.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the brakes supposed to be soft in the FX ?

The petal seems to have a lot of distance, I need to push it all the way to the floor, vs my old car where you just need light touch on the brake petal.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
dcook said:
Are the brakes supposed to be soft in the FX ?

The petal seems to have a lot of distance, I need to push it all the way to the floor, vs my old car where you just need light touch on the brake petal.
Generally speaking, yes the brake pedal in the FX is kinda soft. But there are a few reasons why it could be worse than normal; low brake fluid, brake pads worn down. If those things check out okay, there is something you can do to make it feel a little better; Stoptech stainless steel brake lines. Regular brake lines are made of rubber and expand a little when you hit the brakes, but stainless steel lines have braiding on the outside of the rubber which prevents them from expanding much. Improves brake feel.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16638

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
There is also a page in the FSM on changing the position of the brake pedal to a higher position... but it was too much work for me, so I never bother... :p

But yeah... new brake pads (grippy ones like the HAWK HPS) and SS brake lines DO help the brake feel...

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
On my 2006 FX45, I added 20 x 10 wheels, 295/45 tires, a Stillen strut tower bar and the car was wonderful.

The FX45 starts out great without needing many mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have summer rims from my old car, do you know if they would fit?

265/40/R22
Bolt Pattern (in):5x4.72
Bolt Pattern (mm):5x120
Offset Range (mm):30 to 45
Front Center Bore (mm):72.6
Rear Center Bore (mm):72.6
Stud_Size:14x1.5

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
dcook said:
I have summer rims from my old car, do you know if they would fit?
Nope... sorry... the bolt pattern is slightly off...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts