Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it. I sold my '99 BMW 328i and bought an '05 FX35 Diamond Graphite with Graphite interior, and Touring and Tech packages. I bought it on Friday and have already put over 400 miles on it. So far, SO INCREDIBLY GOOD.

Other than one scary moment, I've loved every minute I've spent in the car. The scary moment happened when a complete jackass who was talking on a cellphone changed lanes on the highway without looking and almost got both of us killed. I had to take serious evasive action and was just lucky that no one was in the lane on the other side. @$$&*%#...

I love the sound of the engine, and can't wait to open it up once the break-in period is over. I LOVE the stereo. Better sound than in my BMW, and it doesn't cause any rattles as the old one did (fingers firmly crossed on this one).

I've already taken advantage of the versatility of the vehicle. I put down the back seats yesterday to bring home a freezer. It was a perfect fit. :D

The seats look really nice. The leather feels softer than in my BMW, and I can tell that it will probably wrinkle (especially the left side of the seat that gets pressure when I step out of the car), but then that's only to be expected with leather. The perforated leather on the seat looks great and at least looks like it'll hold up better. ...It would be nice if the seat would go down to it's lowest height when I open the door. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I love the tech package. I didn't really want to spend the money on it, but I got it primarily for the rear-view camera. I'm really glad I got it though. The camera has been quite handy on a couple of occasions already. I also tried out the nav on a trip this weekend and it worked really well. I loved not having to read printed directions and worry about trying to read every exit and highway sign. I think a touchscreen system would've been better, but the joystick is easy enough to use. I can live with the extra minute or so that it takes me to input an address.

The adaptive cruise control is nice, although it caused a bit of aggravation when it stopped working because of the rain. It took me about 20 minutes (while driving) to figure out how to switch to regular cruise control and then I was fine.

My wife has already commented on the stiffness of the ride, but I don't mind it at all. It's marginally stiffer than the 328i, but I actually think it rides better than our Corolla! (I have no idea what those guys at Toyota were thinking...) Since we live in Michigan, I'm glad we got the 18-inchers (the roads are just terrible around here), but I think I'd be happy with the ride (and the look) of the 20's in most other states. Then again, I don't like the look of the clear lights that go with the Sport package, but that's a whole different story...

Anyway, in case you can't tell, I'm really glad to finally be a part of the group. Now I don't have to be jealous of all you FX owners.

Happy holidays to all of you!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've already taken advantage of the versatility of the vehicle. I put down the back seats yesterday to bring home a freezer. It was a perfect fit. Very Happy
Must have been a small freezer :wink:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ahsanrahim said:
Anyway, in case you can't tell, I'm really glad to finally be a part of the group. Now I don't have to be jealous of all you FX owners.
Welcome to the group 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FXLENT said:
I've already taken advantage of the versatility of the vehicle. I put down the back seats yesterday to bring home a freezer. It was a perfect fit. Very Happy
Must have been a small freezer :wink:
:) Ok, midsize freezer. But it's all that we could carry anyway. I can tell you it wasn't fun getting it down to the basement. Any larger and I wouldn't go near it myself, leave alone let it get near the FX. :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
This is such a dejavu... I just sold my 1999 328i on Friday as well. I bought 2004 FX45 with Tech Package, also Diamond Graphite but black inside. 8)

Congratulations on a purchase.

Kris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
krzys4 said:
This is such a dejavu... I just sold my 1999 328i on Friday as well. I bought 2004 FX45 with Tech Package, also Diamond Graphite but black inside. 8)

Congratulations on a purchase.

Kris
Yep, black interior here as well. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
320 Posts
welcome, thats a long way from a Suzuki Swift to a FX...consider it a milestone... :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome to the Site!

Funny that you mentioned about the freezer. I did the same thiing with a small freezer as well.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new purchase.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts