Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, time is ticking away and will have a new FX soon (Graphite).
I may get a clear bra fitted.
Any special tips when detailing?
I will be using Zaino as am familiar with it and used it for a long time (gonna try new Z2 pro).
Also, any need to use paint cleanser after claying car (not done this step before).
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Dakine said:
Ok, time is ticking away and will have a new FX soon (Graphite).
I may get a clear bra fitted.
Any special tips when detailing?
I will be using Zaino as am familiar with it and used it for a long time (gonna try new Z2 pro).
Also, any need to use paint cleanser after claying car (not done this step before).
Thanks,
Nick
you will have to search around for clear bra experiences. some folks have good ones, others do not.

as far as zaino, i usually dawn wash, and clay bar as soon as i can after getting the car (unless its so new, the paint needs more time to cure). i clay bar with the car wet and rarely need extra lubricant. then i just zaino wash and dry. no extra steps after clay. just make sure you "prep" wash with zaino car wash to get the surfacce clean (which also preps is for zaino). then iuse the Z2 .

Z2 PRO is great. i have used both now, and i think Z2 pro comes off way faster and easier and is a thicker deeper coat with the same shine. try it.

i usually Z6 after car washes and if i need to dust and then re-shine.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Get the clear bar.

I regret it everyday they I didnt.

·
Registered
387 Posts
bradical said:
i clay bar with the car wet and rarely need extra lubricant. then i just zaino wash and dry.
How do you use the clay bar? I've never used one in the past. Do you knead it over the entire car?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you definately want to get at least one coat of zaino on there RIGHT after you clay, and zaino wash. it will really help seal in the raw paint job in its factory produced condition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.