Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Heres my first post of my fx with 22's, tell me what you think. :D

Thinking what to do next, I have a system and now rims, what do you guys think...

·
Registered
235 Posts
May i ask why you think you have a FX55? :roll:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wheel alone looks nice but personally, I still haven't seen the wheels look better than OEM. I know some of you like 22-24''s but for FX, 20" looks the best. I'd like to leave some room for tire wall on SUVs.

·
Registered
551 Posts
FX 55 , lmao

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
OK, this is kind of a mixed bag post. First, I'll give you the official welcome to the forum, glad you're here (sincerely), hope you learn a lot and have valuable info. and opinions to contribute spiel, BUT...

I've kept quiet long enough and since none of the others who have previously seen this car have come foreward, I guess I will.

davezaristo said:
May i ask why you think you have a FX55? :roll:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... ction=view :roll:

This particular FX has been the butt of many jokes and criticisms both here and on FA. We noticed he registered here a couple weeks back and I'm sorry to say have been waiting for his first post just so we could ask him WTF he was thinking (at the very least).

Now I gotta throw in my .02: Seriously, man, that's just lame. An FX35 is every bit as good as a '45 with a little work (case in point: check my sig) and even if you have a '45, why in God's name would you want to do something so cheezy as to put some nonexistant designation on the back? The FX is WAY too classy for that ricer crap. If you want people to think you have something more than you do or want to keep them guessing, simply de-badge it. But honestly, to go so far as to put this on your webpage:
Here are some pics of my sweet new Infiniti FX 55 this is brand new in America. It has a 355 horsepower 5.5 liter V8.
Come on; you either have serious self-esteem issues or are trying to compensate for something. I don't really mean to come down on you so hard; it's a very nice ride (we should know), but keep it real, man.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Oh, and as for what I think you should do next (asside from losing the badge) is perhaps consider The Eibach or H&R springs. Those wheels look good if you're into that much "bling", but with tires that low profile, the fender gap is over-exagerated so I think it would look better lowered a bit. You could also push the wheels out to the edges of the wheelwells with 15mm spacers (see the related post in the suspension section). Aside from that, depending on what you really have under the hood, some REAL performance mods might be worth considering so your car will live up to the image you want it to portray.

·
Registered
551 Posts
clap clap clap,

·
Registered
235 Posts
i wonder if the engine cover is changed to 5.5 also.... :lol:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Gentlemen, I think he suffered enough.

·
Registered
848 Posts
First of all, welcome. Second, I'm hoping you've got some secret Infiniti connection that none of us know of, cuz we all want a 450hp FX55 too. :shock: :D I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that you don't really have one, and ask What are you thinking??? :roll: Obviously, if I'm wrong, mia culpa. As for the wheels...to each his own, I'm a fan of the OEMs though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied since i put up this post. I put the 55 on the back for the simple thought of being different. I wanted to separate myself from the rest of the FX community so i thought, the rims, system, and 55 would change it all. You guys all got me... I just wanna be part of this fx community without being made fun of. If i just listed this fx under a 35 i probably would have gotten great comments. But I bought another fx 35 emblem on ebay for 8 bucks and changed mine up a little. Not to say i have a bigger engine, but just to separate myself. thanks guys and lets see some good comments and not the bad ones...

·
Registered
286 Posts
djok769 said:
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied since i put up this post. I put the 55 on the back for the simple thought of being different. I wanted to separate myself from the rest of the FX community so i thought, the rims, system, and 55 would change it all. You guys all got me... I just wanna be part of this fx community without being made fun of. If i just listed this fx under a 35 i probably would have gotten great comments. But I bought another fx 35 emblem on ebay for 8 bucks and changed mine up a little. Not to say i have a bigger engine, but just to separate myself. thanks guys and lets see some good comments and not the bad ones...
here are some honest comments.
welcome
i have got no issues with your little mod changing 35 to 55 letters. never understood why people are upset about it.
personally, i much prefer the stock wheels, than any aftermarket rims.
Dont worry about whether comments are good or bad , thats life.
you will be more informed with a variety of opinions.
good luck and enjoy your FX.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You may first want to try a bit of honesty with your fellow community members before you come looking for positive posts. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
djok769 said:
Thanks for the honesty, though if what you say is true, what's up with the claim of the larger engine on your web page? Nothing wrong with trying to be different and stand out, but most of us believe the FX stands out enough on it's own (it's not like you see 20+/day on the roads just driving around) and is a bit above something the ricer boys do to their Hondas. Alternatively, if you really want people to stop, stare and think, replace the second "5" with a "6"; at least that's a real engine ('course you may also want to consider slapping on the Stillen supercharger so you can actually back up your claim at the stoplights :wink: ).

If you're interested in modding your '35, be sure to browse the FX35 mods section of the forum; pretty much everything available is discussed there.

Oh, and we would have nailed you regardless of whether you put FX35 in your sig or not; your web page was found long ago and brought to attention on FA, so you had a rep before you ever registered. You seem to be taking it all in stride, though and that's cool; to each their own. It's in large part how you respond to criticism and differing opinions that determines how other people view you on the forums. Consider yourself initiated. :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome aboard;

i forgive ya!!

i see nothing wrong w/ modding the fx, but TBH, the 35 is alot stronger than most give it credit for (former fx45 owner speaking)

perhaps you can revise/delete that webpage, and start anew there too??

now, lets put this to rest!! (and upload a pic of the hood raised!!lol)

-eS

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Putting FX55 on the back of your car and publicly claiming a bigger engine entitles you to criticism, negative comments and distrust. Wanting to "separate yourself from the rest of the FX community" also sounds snobbish to me. I see you even added it to your online signature. :roll: Therefore, if you don't want to be made fun of then remove it. If you want to leave it and masquerade as is, then I for one will continue to enjoy all the ridicule you invoke.

BTW: were you pretending your FX55 is also amphibious?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys,

I've moved on from the 55 and will be changing it to 56, does anyone know where to get a 6 from for the back of my car, thanks

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hope you're not serious.... Dude, just debadge it and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts