Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: New FX owner, SHE SMOKES LIKE NOTHING ELESE! TIME 4 REB

I have to many cars/trucks and what not. ill most likely be selling her soon.. Motor has a 1 year warranty : )
Ive been driving it around breaking in the engine so it can make a smooth stitch to amsoil and run another 300K trouble free miles.!
I'm going to take it on a 100 mile trip tomorrow so i

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts

That's awesome and what the car deserved... Up until the very end it was a very trouble free car. We got a fair use out of it for sure.

Let us know what you end up getting for it/are asking for it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

dmtalon said:
That's awesome and what the car deserved... Up until the very end it was a very trouble free car. We got a fair use out of it for sure.

Let us know what you end up getting for it/are asking for it...

Well, I bought it from u for 7500.00, 1100 for parts and maybe 500 in random stuff that it needed.
That's 9100.00 out of pocket. I would like to make a little and still sell it for a fair price.
I'm thinking like 11-11,500 range.. That's with a 1 year engine warranty. I think that's more than fair,
It was loads and loads or work for 3 weeks.. i am not sure i want to do another one anytime soon..
Thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts

Thanks for keeping us posted. Really fun following the progress and build 8) .

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

So the current pistons you put in are the new type?

And congrats on the rebuild! Really fun following it! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

No, the pistons never changed but the rings did.
I reused stock pistons as they were like new..

I sold it to a gentleman just a hour ago for 12,500.00
I it was worth my time..
If any one every needs a rebuild or other major work done hit me up.
Thank to all!!!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

Awesome! That guy got a really good deal! Try to get him to sign up on the ORG if you're still in touch with him... it would be cool if the FX that started everything somehow stayed on the ORG somehow... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi everyone, Can someone please tell me where to buy the 2003 infinity FX 45 Oil pan bolts to transmission. My car had an accident and the Oil Pan with the small transmission bolts to it was damaged.

Thank You!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

There just metric bolts, u can picky them up at nearly any parts store.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

And if you're not sure, just about any mechanic should have those bolts in their shop... if you have 1 to show them, they can probably sell the rest to you...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thank You very much for all this information, this gives me very good info about our FX problem! I have a '03 FX45 with 195K, It started to burn lots of oil not too long ago. What I just recently have done is took out the plugs, SOAKED the plug holes with SeaFoam ''DEEP CREEP". I used 2 cans, 1 for each bank equally and left it over night. This method will clean the whole piston from the top and going thru the rings. The next day I pulled out the Injector fuse and cranked it couple of times to let out most of the fluids. I then started it with new plugs of coarse and let it run for about 15 mins to burn off all the CRAP out (Start it outside as there will be LOTS of SMOKE!) Then drove it for about 20-30 mins until there wasnt anymore smoke as well as to let the sludge end up in the oil pan. Came back to the shop and changed the oil and added one full can of (1 Pint) SeaFoam with synthetic oil, to do bottom end cleaning! I'm going to now change the oil every 3K with 1 Pint of SeaFoam for about 3-4 times to make sure all the carbon gets cleaned!

I've been driving it for about 2 days now after doing that and the engine has showed lots of good results so far! More Power, more gas efficient and dont notice anymore blue smoke! I will keep u guys posted after 500-1000k to see if the oil level has gone down or not! Lets all cross our fingers this will work so we dont have to spend thousands on an engine rebuild!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

Wouldn't use want to use the old crappy spark plugs during this time as I'm guessing they're getting pretty gummed up burning off all the SEA FOAM? And then changing to new ones after ~1000 miles?

·
Registered
74 Posts

@ black_pearl: my '04 FX45 just has 73k miles but it already burns oil like gas! It takes 1 liter in 100km and the exhaust smells nasty and smokes bluish --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4XIN_AgB1o

You said, that mybe seafoam will help to get rid of all that stuff on the pistons but here in Germany I'm not able to get seafoam and no one will ship it, cause it's dangerous good. I tried some products from Liqui Moly and Pro Tec but they didn't worked for me.
I measured the compression and all cylinders were between 12 and 12.5 bar which is within the normal range, but when I added a small amound of oil into the cylinder and checked again I got a compression of 13.5! This increase is a typical sign for worn rings.

Now I'm thinking of tearing it apart to replace the rings and it would be great, if you could support me with some info, where I have to pay especially attention to.
May be you can tell me, which parts I need to replace? Because the car has just 73k miles I thought it might be enough to replace the rings, the rod bearings and all the gaskets of course. What do you think?

Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone been able to solve their oil consumption problem using Sea Foam or is it a waste of time and effort?

·
Registered
3 Posts
From Infiniti, lol.

"Thank you for contacting INFINITI and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We are sorry to hear of the concern you have regarding the quality and design of your 2005 INFINITI FX45 engine and the oil consumption at your current mileage and age of vehicle. INFINITI is committed to designing and building vehicles that incorporate our clients' needs for styling, performance, quality and safety.

INFINITI Corporate has not been made aware of a specific concern regarding the oil consumption regarding your vehicle in particular. We do apologize for this inconvenience."

21 - 40 of 40 Posts