Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kids,

A couple of weeks ago I traded my '01 BMW 330 convertible for an '03 FX35 (graphite / sport / tech). It's been quite a trip getting used to the new ride, but it sure is a fun ride. My brother has a 45 out in Cali and it was his glowing rec that convinced me to go for the FX. Anyway, now that I've had it a few weeks, I've run into a couple things (I looked around on the forums first and that answered a lot but I still have a few things I couldn't find definitive answers on):

- My V1 goes insane with the laser detection regardless of if I'm using the cruise control or not. I tried to place it way up on the window but it's still more annoying than anything. Anyone found a reliable way around this? I may just disable the laser since all it's ever really done for me was tell me when I could expect my first red light ticket in the mail. :shock: Related to this, is there a switched wire easily accessible near the dome light that I can hardwire to?

- Since I got the car, it has either developed (or I've only started to notice) a knocking noise coming from the front left, sort of down in front of the parking brake / near the front left wheel when I go over rough terrain. I think it could be the TSB referring to the front fenders. Anyone had this problem? If that is indeed the case (that it's a TSB thing), is it a warranty fix?

- Any suggestions for mods out there? I'll definitely have to bypass that NAV splash screen. Speaking of that, anyone ever tried to hijack the software and put your own startup image in there? I've done it for other things, so was wondering if anyone had success with burning modified program discs...

- Is there any specific vendor most go to for after-market items? Like, say, a roof rack or some all season floor mats and the like...?

Sorry if any or all of these are newb questions! Thanks for the help, from all I've read this place sounds like the shiznit :D

Mike

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the group 8)

Idgers said:
Hey Kids,
Kids :shock: ; how old are you anyway :oops: :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
particlefx said:
You must have missed this thread about the V1: Valentine 1 vs ICC?
You're right, I missed that one. Thanks. (I must have skipped over it thinking ICC was an acronym for a community college. :p ) Still unsure if there is a switched wire up top...might have to wait to see if it's in the tech book...

msu79gt82 said:
Idgers said:
Hey Kids,
Kids :shock: ; how old are you anyway :oops: :wink:
Nah, not that old, was just one of those Letterman-esque greetings. At least I don't *feel* that old.

M

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've had every TSB done to my car. If there's a TSB out there my car has exhibited them. My dealer is very good about those things as should be most dealers. Just take you car in and tell them your problems. On a new car even if there is not a TSB they'll fix it free of charge. It also helps if you can reproduce the sounds to a tech.

I had my chair make noises even after three attempts of fixing it. Finally I reproduced the sound to the tech and problem is now solved!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I had the front fender bolt TSB done. My SA was surprised at how simple it was. The fix is a simple replacement of one or two bolts (on a given side - mine was left). Remember to give the dealer time to order the bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts